macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Phil.c
    Basic template
    Hi guys, Can someone tell me how to load a basic template, my templates have gone crazy, ie. I have four tracks with instrument 1 assigned, if I 'Create with next instrument' for track five, whatever I do to that track duplicates itself on track ten, six will duplicate to eleven etc. Also when I 'Create next instrument' I get GM instruments assigned to that track and I can't find a way to assign it for 'Instruments' Phil
  • Christian L
    Re: Basic template
    Hi Phil! If your templates are messed up, I'd recommend to create one from scratch. 1- Choose File > New... and the "new" window will appear. 2-Select Explore > Empty Project. 3-In the "New Tracks" sheet that appears, enter the number of audio (or software instruments" that you want. 4-Select Track > New... in the arrange local menu to create other types of tracks. 5-Customize your Project the way you want. 6-Select File > Save as Template... 7-Repeat if you want to create other templates. If you need more info on how to create Templates, I highly recommend to watch chapters 17-18 of the Logic 8 101 : Mastering Logic 8 by Martin Sitter. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Cheers! Christian
  • Phil.c
    Thanks Christian, i'll give it a go, as for the tutorial, i'm using Logic 7, I expect he does one for it? If he does i'll be getting it. Can you explain how to change those GM tracks of mine back to 'Instruments' whatever I click on 'Instruments' 'Tracks' etc does'nt come up? One more question.....I have a BFD 'All' template loaded for multiple instruments, using about ten aux tracks, i've looked in the manual on how to create aux tracks but it's not much help, how is it done? Thanks again, Phil
  • Christian L
    Hi Phil, Oh sorry, I thought you were using Logic 8. Templates and creating tracks were a bit different in Logic 7. It is now much easier with Logic 8. IMHO, the upgrade is really worth it... and it's very affordable too. The Logic 7 tutorial is still available if you don't want to upgrade :[url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringLogic7[/url] As fo creating aux tracks, I explained how to do this in this thread : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=10835&sid=#11462[/url] Take care!
  • Christian L
    [quote:51690] Can you explain how to change those GM tracks of mine back to 'Instruments' whatever I click on 'Instruments' 'Tracks' etc does'nt come up? Phil[/quote] Just control click on the track name and navigate to the Soft Instrument you want. Cheers!
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:1687][quote:51690] Can you explain how to change those GM tracks of mine back to 'Instruments' whatever I click on 'Instruments' 'Tracks' etc does'nt come up? Phil[/quote] Just control click on the track name and navigate to the Soft Instrument you want. Cheers![/quote] Hey guys, I vaguely remember on Logic 7 that it was Click and hold and then navigate to the soft inst you want? Or perhaps I'm imagining things ;) Cheers Rounik
  • Phil.c
    Thanks all! Phil
  • Christian L
    You are absolutely right Rounik... thanks for the rectification! :-)))) Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    :-))))
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: