macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SJKukla
    Re: Automating and "Triggering" Plugins/Effects?
    So you're telling me that Logic will read inside of a specific folder? Sort of like when you 'arrow' through photos in a folder? IF THAT'S TRUE, THEN THAT'S AWESOME! Sorry. Couldn't contain myself. Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:16336] IF THAT'S TRUE, THEN THAT'S AWESOME! [/quote] ... Yes! It's true :-))) Try it out, create some channel strip settings and save them in a new folder... and then use the key command Shift [ and shift ] to scroll through them. If you keep the Library open you will be able to see which CSS you are scrolling through. Remember the channel strip settings folder must be in the correct location - not just a random folder in a random location contain .css files! By the way, you can also set up a key command to scroll through EXS24 Instruments and any Plug-in setting... Cheers Rounik
  • SJKukla
    You know what might be cool? A gallery of CSS AND/OR a gallery of user-submitted key-commands. It would be nice, being someone who hasn't used key-commands before (in any DAW application), to know some common uses for key-commands, no matter how obvious they might be... I love new ideas! Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, Yes, I like the idea of a gallery of CSS. One of the best things about Logic, for me, is that I can control all the menu functions plus many that aren't available in menus through key commands... The search field in the Key Commands window is really worth checking out. e.g. type in "next" and see what occurs! Feel free to add your voice to the following thread about this: [url]http://tnttutorials.macprovideo.com/forum/general/tnt-beta&id=10645[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • SJKukla
    Hi all, Is there any way to tell Logic to listen for a specific CC message and then map it to a Control Surface? Example: I have a UC33 Control Surface. Instead of using the modwheel on my keyboard to control CC1, I'd like to use a fader on the UC33. How do I assign this in Logic? (I don't see options for this in the Logic Assign Controllers Dialog.) Thanks a ton for the help! Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve! Please do start a new thread for new questions. It helps keep the forums organized and makes it easier for others to use the search feature to look for certain topics. OK. I think I understand the question. What does the fader on the UC33 already display? Hook up a monitor in your clicks and ports between physical input and sequencer input so you can see what message the UC33 is sending to Logic. I think using a transformer would work, but I'll have to have a bit of a play to get it working. :-) Rounik p.s. please do start a new thread for new questions or topics ;-)
  • Rounik Admin
    by the way it might be quicker for now to assign the fader on the UC33 to the specific mod wheel control (e.g. pitch bend) on the specific instruments (e.g. EXS24, ES2) etc. :-)
  • SJKukla
    Hi! Sorry for not starting a new thread with this response, but after playing for a while longer, I discovered the easiest thing to do was simply to map the fader to the desired CC controller on the UC33 itself. Then I can just use the Controller Assign window as usual... Thanks a ton for your attention :) Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    Ah! nifty solution... Glad you figured it out! So, are you enjoying the UC33 Steve? I've never used one, but recently began thinking (again) of getting a small dedicated controller for Logic. Actually, I think I'll start a thread in the Gear section about this and others... :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: