macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bezilyo
    violin cadenza
    Hi to all, I actually have two questions, the first is I want to use a violin cadenza at the end of an intro, since the piano will be rubato what do you suggest. I thought I could have a quick tempo change to pull off the effect but not sure. My next question is if I use the audio instruments in logic aren't all of them like real audio so when I bounce them I don't have to convert them like midi. Do you do all your mixing of them before you bounce. Thanks TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: violin cadenza
    Hi TT, You can create tempo changes in the global tracks. What do you mean by "Audio instruments"? Do you mean audio regions?
  • Bezilyo
    [quote:7638]Hi TT, You can create tempo changes in the global tracks. What do you mean by "Audio instruments"? Do you mean audio regions?[/quote] Iam talking about the sounds used in like the exs24 or ultra beat I have the korg legacy collections aren't they virtual instruments. What Iam a little confused on is do you have to treat them like midi when you bounce the tracks or can you bounce them like audio because they act like audio, hope Iam making sense. Thanks T
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi T, Ulrabeat and EXS24 use audio samples. Bur as they are virtual instruments you must trigger the samples using MIDI. When you record an Ultrabeat part for example, in the Arrange area you will see MIDI data, not audio. So you can treat them as MIDI... In terms of whether you need to bounce all tracks to audio before mixing... well, different producers will give you different answers. Many will say that it's best to bounce to audio, and this has some advantages like being able to see the waveform of all audio tracks while you are mixing. Others may answer, it's best to use your ears, and if the MIDI parts work well for you then that's fine. Personally, sometimes I do a rough mix while composing and arranging and it turns out to be basically fine. Other times, I may wish to bounce all tracks to individual audio tracks so that a frend can mix it on their system or might choose to mix it myself... Cheers Rounik
  • Richard Nash
    You may want to consider rendering all your tracks and mixing them as an exercise. Sometimes MIDI timing leaves something to be desired, so try a mix-down without bouncing the tracks first, and then doing a mix with all the tracks rendered first. You might find in the latter that you need to move the audio tracks around because of timing errors during bounces. I've found this to be true a couple of times, so I'm getting more into the idea of bouncing down the individual tracks, then mixing them. Just saying, you should try it and see if you can tell a difference. MP
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: