macProVideo.com
Forums
  • prztz
    Ultrabeat grouping/midi controlling multiple voices...
    hi guys, i've been trying to find what's the easiest way to control, by midi, the decay time of several voices on ultrabeat???? i have several snares routed to one output, and i'd like to control the decay of them as one... what's easy way?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ultrabeat grouping/midi controlling multiple voices...
    Hi prztz, Welcome to the forums & thanks for posting this here ;-) To MIDI learn a control in UB, select that parameter (one of the decays of one of the voices), and either click on the MIDI Learn icon in the Tool bar or choose: Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignments... Now assign a MIDI knob or fader on your MIDI Controller to that parameter. Choose another decay for a different Voice and assign the same knob or fader, and so on... Let us know if that works ok for you. Cheers Rounik
  • prztz
    Re: Ultrabeat grouping/midi controlling multiple voices...
    That's one way to work, but when u do that u don't have much control afterword... for instance, when i record the decay for the snares.. they are recorded seperatelly, so if i wanna edit i'd have to change them all... how do i use the via and the midi controllers a/b/c/d to control the decay???? also, i don't want them to change much in loudness.. only the size of the sound... can anyone help?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: