macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dee Dee
    The Olav Remix - Still open after the deadline?!
    I've noticed the competition still seems to be open 6 days after the closing date! Has the deadline been extended? Do we still have time for submissions?
  • karlos hano
    Re: The Olav Remix - Still open after the deadline?!
    its closed now..... Logic Remix Contest Closed The Logic Remix Contest is now closed! This has been an amazing event and we are thrilled by the amount of submissions we received. In fact, over 2,000 people signed-up for this contest! Needless to say, we've got a serious amount of incredible songs to work our way through. We'll be adjudicating the submissions for the rest of the month, and announcing the winner in early October. Stay tuned, because one lucky person is going to win a full Logic DAW, including some incredible prizes from our good friends at Apogee and Universal Audio!
  • Revo
    2000? shit i was expecting more like 200 entries. i wish they would've made it available to only people that have purchased a product from MPV.
  • Richard Nash
    It's okay. I think I made the judging pretty easy for the MPV crew ;-) Seriously though, did that many people buy Olav's tutorial? I need to start me a training video company pronto! Cha-Ching-A-Ling! MP out.
  • Dee Dee
    Just checked and its definately still open!?! Cmon, close it before the submissions reach 3000!!!! :P Seriously though, if someone was to upload a submission today, would it be accepted?
  • Martin
    The contest is closed and you can't upload songs any longer ... but we forgot to change the contest page to say that. It's in the works now. Yes, the judging is going to be a long process ... and I agree, next time we'll have people buy the tutorial in order to submit a song ... the things you learn as you go ...
  • Revo
    ...the things you learn... haha! that's a quite a mistake why not just make this easy and pick me! I fully endorse all MPVs and would make an exceptional spokesperson :P
  • Martin
    Yeah, it would have been AWESOME if everyone that signed-up had bought the tutorial, but that's not even close to the case, unfortunately ... I admit we were hoping to drive sales of this tutorial with the contest (because it's an amazing tutorial - and we need to pay for a computer!!). But if I have to be perfectly candid, I'm not sure we'll run another contest like this because in the end it's going to cost us quite a lot of $$$ ... Also, here in Canada you cannot run a contest that requires people to buy things, so we're kinda hemmed-in by the rules of our territory. All things we have to balance ...
  • Revo
    Back to what I was saying... we'll run the next "paid" contest from my basement where it would be legal. Just declare me the winner of this one! Just messing with you guys. In all seriousness though, if it would be any help in boosting sales to cover the cost of the laptop I can write an article on beatportal once the winners have been selected. Having watched the tutorials I know how good they are and you'd be surprised how many DJs out there are looking for products like these, but never come across MPV.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: