macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Revo
    Quick Question on using the Hide Track Function
    Stupid question, but I love to use Logic's Hide Track Function assuming that is even its real name. For example, right now I'm adding a reverb head to two tracks and chose to hide all the tracks that I'm not playing with at the moment (about 30). I do this by pressing each track's "H" button in their respective header in the arrange window. Is there a way to select multiple "H" buttons at once. There's probably either A) a breathtakingly easy solution or B) it can't be done. I know you can occasionally command press a button in logic and it transfers over to every track (mute button) or you can select multiple tracks in the mixer and change something on one track, which in turn radiates over to all selected tracks. I just haven't figured out a way to do it with the Hide Track Function.
  • Christian L
    Re: Quick Question on using the Hide Track Function
    Hi Revo, Unfortunately, command-clicking the hide button won't work. What you could do is click and hold on the top "H" button and drag your cursor down. This way you can activate more than one "H" button in one go. Take care! Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Revo, I agree with Christian. The hold and swipe technique is very quick and very satisfying too! There are a couple more techniques you could use to help you... In the Mixer, select the desired multiple channel strips e.g. Audio 1 -5 and click on the blank "group" button (above "OFF". Now make sure that "Hide" is ticked. You can make settings for group 2, 3, 4 etc if desired on the appropriate channel strips. Now when you press Hide on any of audio tracks 1 - 5, all the rest will be also have Hide activated. Another consideration could be to use folder to store tracks 1 - 5 for example, pack the tracks into folders and mute the folder track... Thanks, Rounik
  • Revo
    Thanks for both the quick replies! Rounik, I had actually come up with a similar fix in the past, but it just never worked out for me as I was looking for something I could do quickly and not have to preplan for. That being said, I'm gunna go with Christian's suggestion. To be honest I never knew you could command click and drag. Def is going to save me some time! There are so many shortcut keys in logic, I wish we were just born with them engraved in our brain... :/ Thanks again guys.
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! by the way, it's click and drag, Not command click and drag. :-) Rounik
  • Christian L
    Great! And don't forget you can do the same with all the buttons of the track header. Cheers! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: