macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kizujoy
    Viewing prerecorded midi
    Hi again Is there a way to see the midi notes I just recorded in the piano role while I'm recording . If I try to overdub a midi part I like to see the midi notes before I start over dubbing . The only way for me to accomplish this is to press record and hi lite the midi region I'm recording on . Also is there a key command to stop a midi loop or midi sustain , like a panic button . I down loaded the update to logic last week it seems to be more stable . I haven't worked in Logic in a few months . If you don't keep working in it you really forget a lot
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Viewing prerecorded midi
    Hi economou54, Do you want to see 2 Piano Roll's at the same time or just one? If it's two, open an extra Piano Roll window and switch off Link mode (top right corner of piano roll - picture of two chains linked...) Logic has a MIDI Panic function. Either double click on the MIDI IN/OUT in the Transport bar or create your own key command for it: Option-K to bring up the key commands window and type in panic in the search field and now you can assign your own KC for it. Cheers Rounik
  • Kizujoy
    Hi Rounk Let say I've recorded a piano midi track from bar five to thirteen , and I open the piano role window and see all the midi notes that I've just recorded on that track. Well lets say I want to record piano from bar thirteen on the same track , as soon as I press record all previous midi info disappears in the piano role . The only way I can see the previous midi info while I'm recording on the same track is to press record and then re hi light the region in the arrange window. I know it sound confusing . But if I can see the previous midi info that I've recorded when I press record it will help my work flow a lot . I hope this makes sense .
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Yes, using two piano roll windows one link enabled and one with link mode off and duplicating the track in the arrange and recording on the duplicate you can do this. The duplicate track would be the same track e.g. Soft Inst 2 just a new lane... Remember to merge the two regions together after wards if desired and/or delete the duplicated track. Does that help? Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:7638] Remember to merge the two regions together after wards if desired and/or delete the duplicated track. [/quote] If you want the 2 regions to be merged automatically, you can set this under : File > Project Settings > Recording > MIDI -Overlapping recordings "Merge with selected regions". Also, if you don't need to see the notes you're playing while recording (just the notes from the previous region), you can open only one Piano Roll window with the Link button deactivated. Cheers! Christian
  • Kizujoy
    Thanks Guys I tried turning off the link window in the piano roll and it worked with just the piano roll open . I was able to set up an eight bar loop with my marker and see the prerecorded midi in the first four bars of the loop . Thanks
  • Christian L
    Great! :-) Let us know if you need more help! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: