macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nyvupeo
    How do you automate hyper draw?
    Hi, I'm kind of a newbie at Logic...I've used Logic 7 for about a year, but haven't gotten into some of the more advanced features. I'm trying to assign midi controllers to automate hyper draw effects like modulation and expression, and for some reason, logic isn't recognizing these effects as a parameter and won't assign a midi controller to them. I have no trouble assigning midi controllers to volume or pan, but when it comes to hyper draw, I can't get it to work. I tried converting the hyper draw into automation, and I was able to do that, but still could not assign a midi controller to it. I've been pulling my hair out over this, so any help would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks a lot, Matt
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How do you automate hyper draw?
    Hi Matt, Welcome to the forums! Assigning a MIDI Controllers knob or fader etc to a parameter of a plug-in is very easy this way: 1. Open the Plug-in / instrument e.g. EXS24 2. Click on the parameter you wish to automate e.g. Cuttoff 3. Go to Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Learn Assignment for "Cuttoff"... 4. Make sure "Learn Assignment" is highlighted in the new window. 5. Move the knob or fader on your MIDI Controller you would like to control the Cuttoff. 5. Close the window and move the knob to control the parameter. Let us know if you that works for you. Cheers Rounik
  • Nyvupeo
    Thanks Rounik, I have no problem assigning a midi controller to a parameter of a plug-in--you're right, this is easy. My problem lies in trying to assign a midi controller to an aspect of hyper draw, such as modulation or expression. I am using East West Symphony Orchestra, and trying to automate the modulation and expression of the French Horn, and Logic won't recognize these effects as a parameter, and therefore won't learn a midi controller for either one of them. Is there any way to get around this? Thanks, Matt
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Matt, I assume you are using EWSO in Kontakt 2 or 3? I don't have either of the above, but i understand this is possible by clicking on the "auto" tab and dragging a controller parameter to the knob(s) you wish to control... In Logic's "Controller Assignments" window you should now be able to assign your MIDI Controller to that parameter. Does that work? Cheers Rounik
  • Nyvupeo
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for the response again. The EWQLSO actually runs on the new PLAY engine, and I still can't figure out how to assign midi controllers to automate the modulation and expression (hyper draw). Tried a bunch of different things and still no luck. If you think of anything, let me know. Thanks, Matt
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: