macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toine
    keyboard/controller that got it all. Does it exist?
    Hi, I'm looking for a new midi keyboard:controller. I searched on the net but never found the one who got it all, maybe someone knows if the complete keyboard-controller exist? What I need: A full length keyboard (8 octave I guess), a few controllers (pitch, mod, and at least 3 or 4 knobs, at leeast 1 or 2 faders) And extra a controller for Logic. A play, record button, a wheel to scroll would be fantastic (I had a Tascam FW-1082) and it was very handy to use. I know this exist seperately. But all in one would be awesome Anyone ideas?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: keyboard/controller that got it all. Does it exist?
    Hi Antoine, You want it all, don't you ;-) Well, I searched and found the following: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 88-Key Hammer-Action USB Bus-Powered Master MIDI Controller (different to the M-Audio Keystation Pro 88) Fatar STUDIOLOGIC VMK188 PLUS ESI K.ON that seem to fit the bill. Let us know what you think of the above and which one (or other one) you choose. Cheers Rounik
  • toine
    thx a lot. I think I'll have enough knobs and faders with that one ;-) Also cool that you get Ableton with it, it's better than Cubase , haha. I'll keep you posted, first I have to sell my old heavy keyboard and my little Korg K25. Antoine
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Antoine, No problem! Are you considering the M-Audio keystation? It does look good! I have no experience using it. The reviews seem favourable... but do try it out at your local music instrument retail store if possible. Let us know how you get on. Best Rounik
  • Revo
    Though it might be convenient to have an all in one, its rather expensive/not practical (at least for me). I recently sold my axiom 49 for an m-audio trigger finger and oxygen 49. I'm also about to purchase a Novation Remote Zero SL. Having one keyboard to do it all truly got annoying as it was cramped and programming the MIDI was a pain. In the end it is up to personal preference. Def go to your local dealer and test everything before getting a super deal online! (i've made that mistake in the past)
  • toine
    The M-Audio option is definitely out of the question. A lot of people tells me that the velocity respons is realy realy bad.
  • Revo
    Very true; you really do get what you pay for. I don't have a lot of money (less than $200 to spend) so I had to settle on that setup. I was just stating that sometimes all-in-ones can be more of a pain than necessary. I tested the Axiom before buying and loved it, however, in a working environment it failed to produce. Let us know what you decide on though!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: