macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jonathan Martin Berry
    Ultrabeat Sample Layer Velocity/layer Control
    Does anyone know why the velocity slider in Ultrabeat's osc2 would be disabled? On Steve H.'s video he uses it. Mine is blank and indicates "disabled" when I click on it. Any help would be great...thanks!!
  • steveH
    Re: Ultrabeat Sample Layer Velocity/layer Control
    Hey J. Velocity sliders aren't active until you assign a modulator. Once the mod is assigned then you can adjust the vel to control the amount of the mod reaches its destination. If your looking for straight ahead Key vel then assign the mod to max and control the amount of max that reaches the destination via vel!
  • Jonathan Martin Berry
    Hi Steve, Yes, I want to control the basic velocity range as explained in your Ultrabeat Video section 08 at 3 1/2 minutes or so...you know the green and blue in the "layer" slider. Did things change in UB version 8? If I scroll through all presets, that slider is never active like I see it in the video and in the manual... Jonathan BTW, your videos are really great. So glad to have found MPV!
  • Kejedey
    [quote:26577]Hi Steve, Yes, I want to control the basic velocity range as explained in your Ultrabeat Video section 08 at 3 1/2 minutes or so...you know the green and blue in the "layer" slider. Did things change in UB version 8? If I scroll through all presets, that slider is never active like I see it in the video and in the manual... Jonathan BTW, your videos are really great. So glad to have found MPV! [/quote]
  • yan
    Hi This is exactly whats happening to me at the moment. I used the same sample as Steve H and did not get the sliders.
  • Jonathan Martin Berry
    Steve? Help? Thanks...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Guys, I've moved Juno's other thread about this issue to Steve H.'s forum: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/tips-n-tricks&id=13939[/url] Hopefully Steve can figure out a solution. David Nahmani's suggestion of switching Ultrabeat to "controls" mode, might also be worth considering. Cheers Rounik
  • yan
    I tried what David said, moving the sliders in control mode, you can hear a difference. However, below them is Fixed Velocity. If I click that to Vel, the blue slider appears when I go back the Editor window, I can move it around too and notice the audible differences. The green slider is? I'm sure you're supposed to have control of both of them from the start though. Many Thanks
  • Kejedey
    Hi Guys, I'm having the same prob with the disabled velocity level slider thing... this is to do with the layered UB percussion samples right? Also a new one - from the 101 video (multichannel Ultrabeat), I have got the Scanner Vib going on the Hi-Hat as shown, but am getting horrible digital sounding crackles... (yes it's fine without the Scanner Vib) - any ideas? Anyway, great vids! All The Best Gurner
  • Kejedey
    Further, re the vel slider (after checking the Logic Forum link above) going to the controls view and ticking the fixed velocity button (halfway up the right column) from 'Off' to 'Vel' turns on the blue 'Layer' slider, however on saving, closing and re-opening the slippery thing turns itself back again... I have heard some difference using it, one of the 'China Crash' samples brings it out quite well. G
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: