macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: can anyone help me
    Hi, Thanks for sending it. As I said before, I really like it - can't get it out of my head now :-) Your project is now fine by the way! :-) OK. That was one weird issue I've never come across before. You're right there were no solo or muted channels. However, here's what I found out, there were lots of audio files that couldn't be found but were linked with the project. I've deleted them: [img]http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4167/picture15sy8.png[/img] The ones with the "!" cannot be found. To easily remove them from a project, select Edit > Select Unused from the local menu. Then press the delete key to delete them from the project. OK. The main error message that seemed linked to this issue was: 'non tempo event found in sync reference' Looking at the tempo in global tracks there was some weird stuff happening which was confirmed by opening Lists tab and Tempo window: [img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7978/picture14xj0.png[/img] The ????? for some unknown reason was causing the funky stuff to happen when cycle mode was disabled. I simply clicked on one and selected all (Cmnd-A) and press delete to remove these unwanted events. I have no reason for this. In my mind something may have corrupted the session? This is a bug that I haven't been able to replicate and have not come across in over 6 years using Logic Pro. However, I have heard of a couple of users running across it in previous versions of Logic - but there was no way to fix it then... Anyway, just glad you didn't have to rebuild the project - 62 tracks and the complex arrangement would have taken a long time! I'm sending you a private message with a link to the updated project - but of course you can follow what I did in the Tempo window to fix your version of the project too if you don;t like that I deleted the extra audio files that weren't included with the project. If you need any further help or have any questions let us know. Cheers Rounik
  • Danny
    hello Rounik,thanks for getting back to me mate,if you could send it back to me that would be great,i have made a few amenments to the track since i sent you a copy,but i have just followed you instructions and deleted those items an the track,and the track is now playing fine,this is a learning process for me and i am learning all the time, now i no how to deal with this proplem if it happens again,thanks to you though mate you have been great help you have saved me from starting from scratch, will being telling people about your site i think it is great.so did i you like my track?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi! Thank you for your kind words. MacProVideo and myself personally really appreciate them and more so are happy that you're issue is solved and you can get back to being creative and making great music :-) Yes, I really do like your track! Where are you based in the UK? Do you play live? I sent you a private message with the link to my amendments to your project. When you log in to macprovideo and visit the forums, you should see "Private messages" (top right) and "Inbox". I sent a message to you there. You should also receive an email letting you know that you've received a private message. Let me know if for any reason you have/ haven't received it. By the way have you seen the Logic 404: Mixing Electronica tutorial? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/prodElectro[/url] Once you're finished with the Logic 101, this is a tutorial that may interest you. Olav Basoski runs through how he mixes in Logic, and it's fascinating packed with lots of tips etc... Take care, Rounik
  • Danny
    Yes i have already seen Mixing Electronica tutorial? i am going to download this as soon as i am finished with the 101.yes mate i am based in the UK im a Dj so i get to play my tacks out live hopefully i will get a good responce to this track.do you know if macpro has a mastering tutorial? i would like to learn how to master as well,once again thanks mate i will definatley speak to you soon no doubt i will need you help again, cheers Danny
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Danny, Logic Studio (includes Logic Pro) comes with Waveburner, amongst other apps, which is suited for mastering and burning to CD. There is a good tutorial for waveburner: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/waveburner[/url] Having said that, Mastering can be achieved in Logic. Most people begin to use 3rd party effects plug-ins to Master their songs, and when mastering it's really important to have proper speaker (monitor) setup and bass traps and stuff to combat the reflections you can get from a room and to provide an accurate representation of the sound... It's quite a science! Anyway, I digress... there are presets for the Output 1-2 that will be useful when mastering... and some tutorials based on Mastering may come about... feel free to post a new thread in the suggested training sub forum: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/suggested-training[/url] Some musicians/engineers would argue that if you get the create a really good Mix then that's 95% of the song finished. The Mastering process will add that extra sheen and perhaps loudness that will make it sound more professional. Anyway, pop back if you have any questions or to share stuff too. Cheers Rounik
  • Danny
    cheers mate.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: