macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic
    Novation SL MIDI Controller
    Does anyone know how to set this thing up. I installed all the latest software and there is definitely some communication going on between the controller and Logic but I can't control much at all.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Novation SL MIDI Controller
    Hi, I just checked the Novation site and found this: [url]http://www.novationmusic.com/answerbase/en/article.php?id=311[/url] Let us know if this helps. Cheers Rounik
  • toine
    Hi, I just bought the Novation and tried to install it ysterday. Indeed there is some communication, but a lot of installings windows of Novation's did not apear on my system. I don't know if it is normal. The plug-in manager did not appear, is that normal? I installes bass station as well that comes with it, then they say I have to open the application, but could not find it in my application menu. And last, Logic itself did not recognize my remote SL 61, only motor mix. So I guess things are nice and complicated :-(. I know they don't have automap for Logic yet, if I understood the manual ;-). But my keyboard is working and when I turn the knobs Logic gets midi messages. I guess I was to spoiled by the well explained tutorials of Macpro, that tutorial video of Novation could have been in Chinese I would have understand more I think. Someone any experience to help? Thx
  • toine
    I was to quick maybe I should follow the steps of that document above. It looks as if it is something new ;-). Keep you in touch. But if I already forgot something you can always help me ;-)
  • Fella
    Pull this ReMOTE SL User Guide [9.9 MiB] from the novation site and jump to page 39. There's separate instructions for Logic Pro and Logic Express (why?!).
  • Fella
    http://www.novationmusic.com/support/files/remote_sl/156/ReMOTE_SL_UserGuide.pdf
  • toine
    ok thx, it works!! I had an old driver version on the installation cd, once the updated one was installed, it was very easy.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: