macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logic pro 8
    Defining custum bank select
    Hi I'm loaded with logic pro 8 and working with two JV-880 rolland sound modules. Years back when I used the modules we needed to select patches and save them in performances. Today we are in 2008, thats got to be over please tell me so!! I'm shure Logic can record sysex or select patch in his memory of some kind. So that every time I swich from sonf to song I dont have to change performances in the JV-880. Logic s got to be able to get my patches on his own. I sould be able to assing specific patches from diffrent modules to certain midi chanel on two or more diffrent ports right...We are in 2008? Thanks for every thing Steeve steevegilmore@hotmail.com
  • Christian L
    Re: Defining custum bank select
    Hi Logic Pro 8, Yes, you can record SysEx at the start of song... Hhere's how to fo it with your JV-880 : 1. Select the MIDI track. 2. On your JV, Press "Utility" 3. With the cursors and Data dial, select "TEMPORARY DUMP" 4. Select the DATA to be transfered. 5. Press record in Logic. 6. Press Enter on your JV. Tell me if it works, or if you need any more help! I don't do this as often as I did in the 80's 90's! :-) Christian
  • logic pro 8
    Thanks for the info, at least i feel this is going somewhere... But it aint working, heres how i did it. First I changed my cables from the JV out back into the FA-66 so that the cumputer receves the info 1. Selected the MIDI track aside from the others and muted all other midi trk'S. 2. On my JV, Press "Utility" 3. With the cursors and Data dial, select "TEMPORARY DUMP" and selected one after the other :performance, patch and ALL and neither worked. 5. Press record in Logic. 6. Press Enter on your JV. Thers got to be a simple way... Have I forgotten annything? Otherwise i'm gonna end up doing a complet bulk dump of both JV's on every song...Thats alot of trouble for someting that should be simple. I heard thers an other way where you can preset all tha patches from your module insid logic so that it acess anny patch when desire trough the enviroment window in midi objetcs?? heard of that? Thanks Steeve
  • Christian L
    Hi, When you press enter, you Logic will create a region on your track when it record the SysEx data. Can you see it ? If not, check in File > Project Settings > MIDI > Input Filter and make sure that "System Exclusive" is unchecked. Let me know!
  • Christian L
    [quote:63390] I heard thers an other way where you can preset all tha patches from your module insid logic so that it acess anny patch when desire trough the enviroment window in midi objetcs?? heard of that? Thanks Steeve[/quote] Yes you can recall the default patches of you synths if you set up a Multi Instrument in Logic's environment. Did you know you can download the Various Multis file on macProVideo ? This files used to come with Logic 5 but it's still available on macProVideo.com. http://www.macprovideo.com/LogicExtras/VariousMultis.zip This file's 'environment contains various instruments objects. Just copy the "JV-1080" inst. object into the MIDI Inst. layer of your environment. This way you will have all presets patches of your synth ready to go! Please tell me if you got it working or if you still need more help. Christian
  • logic pro 8
    Ok well first thanks for the reply, very apriciated...! The link above doesent work , i've tryed looking for it on yahoo and mac pro.com and the other link with same adress dont work..? If I finaly get a way to include my JV-880 into logic with patch list , is it going to include my internal patches? These are the most important one cause they containe the orchestral sound bank...And my modifyed sounds. I dont see how logic could do it from a list on the web... There should be a way to includ by hand one by one an assigned number for each sound from my INTERNAL patch list so that from song to song in my external midi instrument number 1 number 2 the sounds are always assigned. I guesse the best way is the performance dump so it recuperates all the patches that was included in the song including my INTERNAL patches..But it dont work. I did verify that the sys box was unchecked.. It should be right? Is there a good tutorial on midi settings or how to set up my recording facilities..? I'm not giving up! Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi logic pro help, Try this link: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/LogicExtras/VariousMultis.zip[/url] It will not take you to a webpage, but will download the .zip file to your Mac. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:63390] If I finaly get a way to include my JV-880 into logic with patch list , is it going to include my internal patches? These are the most important one cause they containe the orchestral sound bank...And my modifyed sounds. I dont see how logic could do it from a list on the web... I'm not giving up! Thanks! [/quote] Hi! Yes, the variousmultis file is a good start but it contains only the preset names. You can change your user patch names by hand if you wish. You should be able to record SysEx... does it create a region when you record the MIDI dump ? Christian
  • logic pro 8
    Bingo!!! Finaly!!! It works!! This is amazing for me 50% of my bugs are now gone... You know when you think you know someting and take it for granted... Re checked all midi cables... The signal of a bulk dump or performance dump wont go in the "thru" It needs to go from the OUT only!!! So in every song all I got to do is record this performance dump for every unit and play it back befor working in my project right! If you got other tips on how to manage my project on this issue its well apreciated. You guys are the best and should be Mac consultant or give lessons. I'd be willing for a class!! Thanks a million again.! Steeve
  • Christian L
    Hey that's great! I'm glad your MIDI issue is now solved. Feel free to ask us any other Logic question you have. :-)))) Take care! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: