macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: long long portamentos
    Thanks Doug, We don't have an official file sharing area... yet... but thanks for sharing! :) Rounik
  • rgr
    Thanks a bunch for sharing this project, Doug. This should do the trick. Ray
  • Doug
    The project is more complex than necessary, by the way. You could put all the notes in one track (or two if you run out of polyphony). I split this into many tracks so I could spread it spatially and so that I could sidechain its dissolution at the end of the piece. At one point years ago I spent a lot of time with Shepard tones. They needn't just glide up and down; they can be treated like any pitched sound except that, if the sines are stacked at the octave, they don't have an octave characteristic. [i]Sounds created by stacking sine waves at another interval will repeat at that interval. So a sound created by stacking sines at the fifth or diminished fifth will repeat at the fifth or diminished fifth.[/i] Shepard's original tones were made up of sine tones stacked at the octave and sent through a bandpass filter. The filter is unnecessary: if you start low enough and continue high enough, the limits of hearing will act as the bandpass filter.
  • Nate Gerber
    Hey Doug! Just wanted to say that I'm really digging the track - its really cool man.
  • Doug
    Thanks Nate. It's part of a suite of pieces I cobbled together when I was first learning Logic Express. Mostly I just do boring-old-white-guy music but those kind of came out of the process. You can find the whole suite here: [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~douglasgifford/north_alley/[/url]. It's called "Music for the Kitchen and Workshop." Maybe you'll like some of the other pieces, too. Again, thanks for the compliment. Made my day.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: