macProVideo.com
Forums
  • z
    Re: Re: OSX 10.5.5
    Hi Gary, Thanks for your reply. I would use it as a VST under Live 8. I've tried to update Elektrik Piano to the 1.5 version, but the 1.5 installer does't work (crashes during the process). I started reading forums about this issue and found out that I needed to download and run Leopard Installer Patch.app from Native Instruments. Then I put this installer app to my desktop, or in the application folder, clicked on it, nothing happened. I'm new to Mac, so I didn't really know what "run an app" means, but I guess I just need to double click on the icon. If I open EP (standalone, or VST), it starts, it sais EP 1.5 on the top bar, then I got a message saying: FATAL ERROR: Initialization failed! Nonexistent or Corrupt Library.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: OSX 10.5.5
    Hi z, Yes I remember that there was a Leopard Patch that needed to be installed. Double click the icon to mount the DMG installer an then run the installer that comes up. Can you try load up EP in another application, like Garageband and see if it works? If it does then you will know that either it is a VST issue (as Garageband uses AU), or a Live 8 incompatibility.
  • z
    Thanks, I managed to solv it. The Leopard Patch was corrupt. I downloaded it again and now it works just fine.
  • GaryHiebner
    Great, glad you solved it.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: