macProVideo.com
Forums
  • pyanista18
    Moving tracks in arrange window
    Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been posted on the thread before. I'm on a deadline and I don't have that much time to browse through the subjects. Quick question: How do you move multiple tracks on the arrange window. For example, I drag in 10 tracks of drums into Logic and they end up being towards the bottom of the page. Is there a way to grab ALL those tracks and put it nearer to the top of the Arrange window (or to the left side of the Mixer window) instead of dragging each track one by one? Thanks... and I apologize if this has been asked before.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Moving tracks in arrange window
    Hi pyanista18, Unfortunately, you can only move one track at a time by dragging the track header to the desired position. However, you can move multiple regions very easily across and on to tracks. Thanks Rounik
  • pyanista18
    Thanks Rounik. Two things now that I wish Logic had (I posted about the Group Solo too). I haven't tried your Solo button for the Environment. I'll try it out after I finish with my current project. Thanks for all your help.
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! Take care & let me know how the solo button works for you & if you have any suggestions :-) Rounik
  • pyanista18
    How about...
    Rounik, Thanks for all your help! One quick (and hopefully last for the time being) question: Automating groups... in my project I have recorded an upright bass: one direct and one with a mic. I've mixed both of them and I like the blend. I started automating but whenever I'd create a node, the other track jumps to it. For example, I have the "line" bass on -2.9 dB and the "mic" bass on -11.6 dB. Once I create a node on the "line" bass, the "mic" bass jumps up to -2.9 dB. I want the relationship between the two levels to stay the same. I really don't like putting tracks into busses... I just don't like additional tracks to clutter up my space. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How about...
    Hi pyanista18, I'd really recommend using Busses for this. You can always hide tracks... there is another way - but it is rather convoluted: Set automation on the line bass as desired. Create a new track and set it to Line bass (you can delete or hide this later) create a midi region on this track the length of all the automation data. Options > Track Automation > Move current track automation data to region Copy the region to mic bass track (on a new lane but assigned to mic bass) Select Options > Track Automation > Move current region automation data to track shift select all automation nodes and drag automation down to -11.6dB for example... phew... actually a much simpler way has occurred to me ;-) place gain plug-ins on the two tracks. Assign the same midi controller knob/fader to the gain setting on both plug-ins Switch the automation mode of both tracks to Touch and once Logic is in play you can record the automation easily. Hope that helps... But really using a Bus will be much easier and you can hide tracks you don't wish to see or pack them into folders... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: