macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JJ
    Converting green apple loop to blue, are there exceptions?
    Hello all. I am trying to convert a green apple loop into a blue apple loop but I cant do so because the option is grayed out. Now Im not quite sure if its an apple loop but I found the loop in the loops browser with the green note symbol next to it. But it doesnt have the apple loop symbol in the region descript. Is there a way to convert this midi region into audio and is this an apple loop? Searched but cant find the answer to this. Thanks for any help on this! PS I just right clicked on the region and im given the option to export as audio file, is anyone experiencing this. Im unable to "convert region to new audio file" in the audio drop menu but I can do this instead...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Converting green apple loop to blue, are there exceptions?
    Hi JJ, Can you give me the name of the "apple loop" and I'll search for it here. Also, WHY do you want to convert the gren apple loop into a blue apple loop? OK. A green apple loop (software instrument loop) actually contains an audio version of itself (blue apple loop) and all the MIDI data and channel strip settings (green apple loop). To "convert" a green apple loop to a blue apple loop is not necessary: Go to the Loop Browser and select the loop. Drag it on to an audio track in the arrange. Alternatively, if you don't need an audio apple loop but an audio region (because you want to mix your track) either solo and bounce the track or click on the region and select "Export as audio file..." Let me know if that helps. Cheers Rounik
  • JJ
    Thanks Rounik, The loop is called 2-step thump beat fx. Im trying to reverse it but cant since its an apple loop. So I want to convert it as an audio track. I am able to export the file as an audio file but cant do as the tutorial instructs, which is a bit confusing.
  • Christian L
    Hi JJ, Try selecting the appleloop region in the arrange window. Go to "File/Export/Region as audio file". Check "Add resulting files to Audio Bin, export it as aiff and import it back to your arrange window. You will then be able to reverse the audio. Christian
  • JJ
    Thanks Christian, yes this is what I have done. But to understand things better, is this more of a workaround or a limitation "at the moment" for Logic? Or am I doing something wrong where I am unable to follow the tutorial correctly. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JJ, I'm a little confused... Which tutorial (and which chapter number) are you following? What Christian wrote is not a workaround as such. In Logic there are many ways to achieve the same thing. It means you can create a workflow to suit you... Cheers Rounik
  • JJ
    Rounik, the tutorial im referring to is logic 8 101 reversing audio files 90. Im wondering why my options are grayed, I am unable to follow the tutorial. The option that is grayed is convert regions to new audio files, the workaround for me is to export as a wav, then drag into an audio track. If Logic can just change the apple loop into an audio file then this would be easier. Hope this makes more sense.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi JJ, OK. I understand you now :-) You can only apply "convert region to new audio file" for an existing [b]audio[/b] region. That is why it is greyed out for any MIDI region. Remember there are two types of apple loop as i explained in a previous post. Green and Blue... When you drag a green apple loop onto a software instrument track, it will appear as a regular [b]MIDI[/b] region. However, drag the green apple loop from the loop browser to an [b]audio[/b] track and you'll see that a blue audio region appears, with waveform etc - which is an apple loop. Basically, it's not a workaround - it's just the way it works ;-) Hope that helps Rounik
  • JJ
    Thanks Rounik, for your explanation. OK I understand now. I just tried to do the same on my laptop and for some reason it works on my laptop but not on my desk. Ive run into an instance I guess, but its good to know whats supposed to work and whats not supposed to work. Sometimes you can really rack your brain over something very simple. I guess in my situation exporting the loop is a workaround solution. Thanks for your help with this. From now on ill be checking any anomalies on a different system.
  • JJ
    Just wanted to correct my mistake above. Everything is working as it should. I was using a midi track, and was confused. So from what I understand green apple loops contain both midi and audio info within. It is only when a green apple loop is imported into an AUDIO track that you can convert the apple loop into an audio region. Thanks for your help with this, simple but somehow got complicated on my part. My apologies for confusing anyone especially myself!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: