macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Pro & Logic Express
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW I CAN CONTROL THOSE WHITE BARS
    Hey Everyone.... Im a beginning user with logic 8 I had a question about these white bars that tend appear within the tracks that im creating . It seems to automatically cue the track to play at a higher sound....it makes mixing impossible...because everytime i change it...when i play the track...it takes the liberty to " unmix " everything. grrr... help please :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW I CAN CONTROL THOSE WHITE BARS
    Hi Logic Pro & Logic Express, Welcome to MacProVideo! Those white lines/bars sound like region automation... Are these MIDI regions/tracks? While you were recording them were you moving any faders on a MIDI keyboard? Try opening the Piano Roll and Select View > HyperDraw or Window > Event List See if there is any unwanted MIDI data in your region. You can select it and delete it. If this isn't doesn't work then it sounds like you have recorded track automation data. Let me know how this goes, Cheers Rounik
    hmmm well here is a small snapshot of what im talking about theyre a bit frustrating because i cant mix the midi data properly because as the track plays....it resets all the changes i have done in the mixer ever time it cycles [img]http://charlesratteraydesign.com/stuff/those.jpg[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Yes, this is MIDI data that's been recorded as Hyperdraw (Region automation)... To delete it, select the region and click on Lists in the top right of Logic. Make sure the "Events" tab is selected and delete any non - note MIDI data. That should clear the "white bars" / Hyper draw data. Alternatively, you can look at the data in the piano Roll using View > Hyper draw as I eplained i the previous post. Let us know if that heps or if you have any more questions. Do check out the Logic 101: Core Logic 8 tutorial too, which might be of interest: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Cheers Rounik
    thanks Rounik all the suggestions were helpful and ive fixed the bars :) i picked up that tutorial thanks again man - Charles
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Charles, No problem! Enjoy the tutorial and pop back here anytime. :-) Rounik
    one more question if you will :) why did they design that to do that automatically ? what benefits does it reap? or is that covered entirely in the tutorial ;)
  • Rounik Admin
    You'll learn lots about automation in the tutorial - there are two types (track & region based). In the meantime, when you record a MIDI part and say move the modulation wheel on your keyboard then Logic will record that MIDI data too. This is great for recording an expressive performance in one take rather than recording the mod wheel, volume etc etc in separate takes... although you can do that too :-) Let us know if have any more questions... feel free to ask in this thread if they are connected to this topic or start a new thread. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: