macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JJ
    Cant understand why time stretching is not working..
    Hello all, Im not sure what im doing wrong but I cant seem to time stretch an apple loop i have in the arrange. Ive tried to do it graphically and by the locator method. Is there a work around? I made an edit in the loop but need to time stretch it to keep it in time when I loop it. Is this possible? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help you can give on this!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Cant understand why time stretching is not working..
    Hi JJ, You can't add fades to, or timestretch an audio (blue) apple loop manually. An apple loops automatically adjusts itself to the current tempo of the project if you have "follow tempo" ticked in the region parameters area in the Inspector. You can transpose the pitch manually though by using the global tracks or the Transpose function in the Inspector window. If you want to perform audio edits on an audio apple loop you need to convert it to a new audio file. Alternatively, you could bounce it too. Cheers Rounik
  • Strumzilla
    I'm guessing that since the Apple loops have that capability, it doesn't necessarily make sense to go to the trouble since you can just "loop" the file to make it fit if it's already made the tempo adjustment internally?
  • GaryHiebner
    What is your reason for time-stretching an apple loop. When you pull the apple loop in your project it should automatically adjust to your tempo set in Logic. Unless you wish you time-stretch the audio for different audio results?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, The original post was back from 2008 btw. While it's not possible to easily time-stretch an apple loop (which fits to the project tempo automatically) using Option-drag bottom right corner.... if desired (to make the loop half, double, etc speed) you can simply right-click on the loop and choose Convert > Convert to new audio file Then you'll be able to time-stretch that audio file to your heart's content :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: