macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SJKukla
    Creating an Ultrabeat-style step-sequencer outside of Ultrabeat?
    Hi all, Here's what I was thinking: Since the awesome multi-timbral tutorial has really helped a ton in understanding these instruments and getting them to work, I'm wondering if it would be possible to do some nifty things with Stylus RMX. I really like how I can build awesome rhythmic patterns in Ultrabeat. It really provides an interesting way to craft beats and fills, right? Is there a way to set up a similar sort of step-sequencer and then plug 8 channels of a multi timbral instrument into it? That way, I can load up 8 different things from the Stylus Sound Menus, and then craft a beat, or whatever I'd want... Hopefully that makes sense... Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Creating an Ultrabeat-style step-sequencer outside of Ultrab
    Hi Steve, OK. So your post got me thinking and I made an effort to create a step sequencer (using Hyper Editor), Mapped Instrument (to easily map sounds from different channels to desired notes on a MIDI Keyboard... and play all from one track in the Arrange), and a Mixer (which only controls the Aux channels - not the parts directly in RMX)... This is what I came up with: [url]http://tnttutorials.macprovideo.com/fileexchange/environments/more_info.php?id=15[/url] I based it on your idea of loading up to 7-8 parts from the sound library in RMX's browser and then want to be able to play certain "kick" sounds or "snares" etc, like in Ultrabeat. Screenset 4 is where it's all at, and recording a part live is great when you use the Mapped Instrument track in the Arrange. Please let me know what you think and any improvements that can be made... I'm sure there are lots of ways it can be improved! Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, With hindsight, the easiest way to do what you want will probably not be with the environment I created... Create your 8 parts, drag them to the arrange, bounce each sound individually and add them to the audio bin. Open Ultrabeat and import the 8 samples into a new kit preset (drag and drop) and voila... you now have all the benefits of the Ultrabeat interface, but with RMX sounds! I still like my environment method as it will allow you to change your mind about which sounds you want to output from RMX (gives you greater range than 8 sounds if you use the Sound Menus as the source). But it certainly doesn't look as good as Ultrabeat's step sequencer... Anyway, let me know what works for you. :-) Rounik
  • SJKukla
    Hi Rounik! Thanks for taking the time to do this and to respond to my post. I'm really stoked to try both methods out, and I'll be sure to keep you posted! Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    My pleasure Steve! Thanks for the ideas that got me tinkering in the environment :) It's still in very early developmental stages - and some parts of it may be redundant? Take care, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: