macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Simon
    A couple of questions
    Hi Guys, 1. When writing drum parts with UB I favour using the piano roll over the built-in step sequencer. Now, I seem to remember, ages ago (L7) reading an article which described a way of displaying the drum names inside the piano roll editor (on the keys). Does anyone know how to do this? 2. If I record an audio part (say a guitar riff) and convert it to an apple loop I can then go into ALU and reposition the markers so that they line up with the beginning of each note. This in affect hard quantizes the notes to Logics grid, but should I then want to apply a swing or groove quantize to the loop, how do I go about it? Thanks in advance, Simon (London UK)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: A couple of questions
    Hi Simon, You can display the names of parts very easily in the Hyper Editor... Otherwise I think it may be a case of creating a Hyper Map (in the Environment) and cabling it to the Ultrabeat Channel and dragging it on to the Arrange area. 1. If you double click on the Hyper Map you can type in your own names... I have found that occasionally some of the names do appear in the Piano roll - others don't! 2. I think the easiest way to do this would be to record your guitar riff and then either choose Strip silence (Audio > Strip Silence) or cut the region to notes... Now open up an EXS24 and open a new instrument editor. Drag the regions into the instrument editor and you can now play your guitar part back through the sampler on a soft inst. track. The benefit of this is the ease as which you can convert the resulting MIDI region into an Apple Loop and apply quantization to the region to give it swing etc. There are ways of doing this with audio using beat mapping etc.... Let me know if this works for you. Thanks Rounik
  • Simon
    Thanks for the reply Rounik, Is there a macPro Video that covers Hyper Maps and Beatmapping?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Simon, sorry - it's not Hyper Maps... It's "Mapped Instruments'. There's a great tutorial that covers beat mapping and adding groove and swing to audio regions amongst other really good stuff: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic201[/url] also, Mapped Instruments and Hyper sets are covered in the TNT1 (section 5): [url]http://tnttutorials.macprovideo.com/subscribe/logicTipsAndTricks?pid=logicTipsAndTricks&type=tutorial[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: