macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bezilyo
    Logic upgrade
    Hey guys I am going to upgrade to logic 8 do I have to uninstall logic 7 or what is the best way to do it. Will it get rid of my tracks recored in logic 7 and does logic 8 work ok on os 10. I have a imac 2.16 getting ready to upgrade to 3 gig mem. Any other advice would be great thanks TT
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic upgrade
    Hi TT, Logic 8 does not install over the Logic 7 application. However, do copy your templates & channel strip settings & plug-in settings & sampler instruments to your desktop to make sure they are kept safe. When installing Logic 8 make sure you click on the "Install Logic Legacy content" so you have access to all the Logic 7 plug-in settings etc. Logic 8 runs on OS X only... I have used OS 10.4.10 and 10.5.X with Logic 8 and it ran fine on an iMac 2.16 with 2GB of memory. It wasn't as zippy as Logic 7 initially, but the Logic 8.0.2 update solved many issues, so make sure you download an install it too. Clear some space on your HD.. about 40GB is needed for the complete installation! Logic 8 is great! I thought I'd still use 7 occasionally, but it didn't happen! Let us know if you have any more questions. Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Re: Logic upgrade
    Hi TT, For the last 12 months I have been running Logic 8 on a 2.16 imac, with 3 gig ram, OSX 10.4.11 with no problems. Before going to Logic 8, I backed up all my Logic 7 Songs as PROJECTS to a dedicated external hard drive, (along with templates, channel strip settings, plug-in settings, sampler instruments & anything else I thought I'd need...) and everything has been fine. As Rounik said "...Logic 8 is great! I thought I'd still use 7 occasionally, but it didn't happen!..." Have FUN... : ) Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: