macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Midi drum beat programming
    What's the most efficient way to program a drum groove in the piano roll window? So far I've been recording all the cymbals and then the kick and snare separately but then I get 2 or 3 midi regions. I would like to get them all in one window. Also when I try to copy and paste certain triggers to another bar it doesn't give me what I copied. Thanks Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Midi drum beat programming
    Hi Alex, There are many ways... You can place all the midi regions on top of each other or above/below eachother in the Arrange and then select them all and click on Merge. Default KC is = Also check out the Hyper Editor for programming drums - once you set up a hyper set, it's much easier to program drums by hand! When copying and pasting in the Piano roll make sure your play head is in the same position when you paste as it was when you copy..or if you copy say all notes between bar 1 to bar 2, first place your play head on bar 1, select the notes and copy. To paste them between bar 2 to 3, place your playhead on bar 2 and select paste. I find it easier to hold down Option and drag the selected notes to copy in the piano roll... hold down shift and you will only be able to drag the notes in one direction (i.e. vertically or horizontally - very useful!) Cheers Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Re: Midi drum beat programming
    Thanks..this definitely will make the flow a lot faster. I will give it a shot soon. Alex
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: