macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Barney Regard
    Logic Tutorials
    I have been using GarageBand for about a year.Being an old(80) retired big band reed player who lives on an Island(Maui)which is beautiful but pretty much devoid of instrumental jazz and blues.So I set up a studio in my bedroom so I could record myself playing the above with the help of backgrounds put together with the help of GB.If I do say so I have done some really pretty things but I felt I was ready to move up to the big leagues so I ordered Logic Studio and Martins Tutorial.First ,I think the lessons are fine and easy to understand.What I am disgusted about is the music(if you can call it that)that is built up using loops and other techniques.I have nothing against using software instruments and sounds as long as they are used judiciously and artistically but here we have irritating repetition and ill chosen insect sounding voices.Martin continuously reminds us that music is repetition which is true to a point but without variation music becomes vapid. Certainly,if one is not an instrumentalist it is harder to put ones stamp on a musical creation But surely there should be some way to mix in interesting variety.Perhaps this is addressed in a later lesson that I have not watched yet. Logic Studio is an amazing and powerful set of applications and I hate to see it used in such a simplistic way. This criticism is not to degrade Martin.I would just like to have a set of excellent samples on this site demonstrating the variety and beauty that can be accomplished using these applications.I also would like more instruction for the MIDI keyboardists and the like detailing how to set up the equipment such as Midi instruments through preamps to computer etc etc. Lastly,I intend to purchase the rest of the teaching CD's pertaining to Logic.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Tutorials
    Hi Barney, Thanks for your feedback. I'm not replying to directly answer your post... Although, from a personal viewpoint, I quite like the song used in Logic 101. I think it demonstrates the 101 syllabus very well. But hey, beauty and music taste are very subjective I think. If you have tutorial suggestion ideas, for example a MIDI Setup please do start a new thread in the "Suggested Training" sub forum. It will be noted there ;-) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/suggested-training[/url] Also, there have been similar requests before about MIDI setup. A few people have added this to the following tutorial request: [url]http://tnttutorials.macprovideo.com/forum/general/tnt-beta&id=10958&sid=0[/url] Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: