macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Ultrabeat Step Sequencer
    Heh Rounik/Christian/everyone:) Got "another" question this time about Ultrabeat Step Sequencer and Clipping in Logic. Lately I've been building drum beats via Ultrabeat and then dragging them into the arrange area, but right away the clipping indicator belts right into the red at 6.0dB! Why is it doing that? Thanks. Jodie p.s. Most of the instruments within Ultrabeat that I'm using are at 0.0dB.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ultrabeat Step Sequencer
    Hey Jodie, This happens when the transport is running right? Remember that Ultrabeat has it's own sequencer, which can be turned on/off with it's own power button. When you drag a pattern to the Arrange and play it back while Ultrabeat's step sequencer is On, then you are effectively playing the two patterns simultaneously... hence clipping! Hope that helps ;-) Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, If that's not the issue, (Ultrabeat playing twice) try reducing the volume of the Channel Ultrabeat is in. Also check-out what plug-ins are used in the Channel Strip... eg: Compression, Limiters, etc... they will all have an impact. Hope this helps, Cheers, Bj
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Bj, How ya doin? Nice to meet you:) Thanks for the tip:) I just put a compressor on the ultrabeat channel strip and got the clipping to come down, so thanks:) Jodie
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, What's up? No, I had the step sequencer turned off, but the channel strip was still clipping at the whopping 6.0dB! I just put a compressor on the channel strip and set the compressor threshold at like -24.0 dB, and it stopped the clipping:) Thanks man. Jodie
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, Glad to be of help, : ) Cheers. Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Nice one! You could also adjust the master volume of Ultrabeat's output from above the Voice Assignment area if you wish to avoid using compression... So many choices ;-) Best Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik:) You're the man:) I totally forgot about the master volume above the voice assignment area!! DOH!! Will keep that in mind for future ultrabeating:) Ultrabeat rocks, eh! Steve H. is right, it is a MONSTER!!!!:) Thanks as always. Jodie p.s. I see that I'm the monthly post leader! I think that means I don't know what the I'm doing in Logic! heehee:)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Pleasure! BJ's suggestion also rocks, but I'd normally prefer to bring the levels down first before compressing - although of course, it depends on the effects you want to achieve :-) [quote:44659]p.s. I see that I'm the monthly post leader! I think that means I don't know what the I'm doing in Logic! heehee:)[/quote] LOL! No, I think it means you're the most eager to learn and contribute through your learning... this month ;-) Congrats on leading the way this month!
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, So you think it's better to bring the channel strip level down (for the Ultrabeat which is clipping) BEFORE compressing? I just don't want the channel strip to clip! As far as effects, well, I'll just keep the sounds as close to the step sequencer sounds, but I can mix later. Right now, I just wanna get the 6.0dB outta there! Thanks man. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: