macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ck2008
    AIFF & OVW Files
    Hi guys, Recently when i have imported audio files (mp3) into logic it created an overview for the file and automatically made it into an .aiff file Today when i went to import an audio file i noticed it didn't create it into .aiff but .ovw ? Because of this, it doesn't allow me to use a lot of the functions such as time & pitch machine, fade in, fade out, silence etc... How can i resolve this ? Thanks !
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: AIFF & OVW Files
    Hi ck2008, Welcome to the forums! Please can you post some of your system specs (e.g. version of Logic, OS X) .ovw is Logic speak for an overview file... Is there any difference in the type of mp3 you imported compared to normal? Cheers Rounik
  • ck2008
    I am working on Logic 8, G5 Dual 2.3 GHz It's very weird because this has only happened as of today... I used to load a lot of mp3 songs & samples into logic and it would automatically make it .aiff however as of today when i tried to load something in it created the overview but didn't convert it into .aiff and it won't let me use hardly any of the functions in the sample editor ! all the mp3s i am using are the same...
  • Rounik Admin
    mmm.. not sure why that's happened now, but I have a workaround solution... The reason Logic you can't edit (fade etc) mp3's in Logic is because they are compressed audio files, so that's why Logic converts them into wav/aiff uncompressed audio. So, select the files in the Audio Bin, choose Audio File > Copy/Convert File(s) then choose Aiff or wav files as desired. On another note, might be a good idea to move the Logic preference file to your desktop and repair permissions on your mac and restart... Let me know if the above helps or if you need help on how to repair permissions etc. Cheers Rounik
  • ck2008
    I might give that repair thing a shot, how do i go about doing that ? I won't loose any work will i ?
  • ck2008
    I tried doing what you said in regards to converting and still when i load the new converted file into logic i am still not able to access the functions in sample editor & it still says 'nothing to display' ?
  • Rounik Admin
    No you won't lose any work - but I'd always recommend backing up your important files using Time Machine or cloning your system too to an external HD. But repair permissions shouldn't touch your files and I've not any issue doing this process in over 7 years. Close all applications and files. Go to Applications/Utilities and run the app Disk Utility. Select your system startup disk. Click repair permissions and leave it until it's done, then retstart your Mac. This is good maintenance to do after installing apps etc or every couple of weeks. It helps the OS to figure out the permissions associated with the files on your system. It might also be better to trash you logic preferences file by moving it to the desktop. Logic will create a new one. You can find it: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    I missed your previous post... Can you take a screen shot of the Arrange and / or the Audio Bin? shift-Cmnd-3 this will make a picture of your screen and place it on your desktop. then please post it via www.imageshack.com and copy the "direct" URL and paste it in your next post by clicking on "Add Image" and pasting it in the popup window. Do you see any waveform in the audio files? Are the overviews duplicates in the Audio Bin? Cheers Rounik
  • ck2008
    I now have no sound ?
  • Rounik Admin
    trash your preferences as I explained in the earlier post. Try repairing permissions and restart. It could be that your logic project file is corrupt. Try starting a new project and import the mp3's.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: