macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 7 will not open
    [quote:32557]...right, it doesn't load from the apps folder. Will reinstall. I last saved it in L8. [/quote] Ah... remember that once you save a project in Logic 8, it cannot be opened in Logic 7. Keep them separate e.g. "save as..." [quote:32557] I do have backups of all my projects on a couple other externals, and will try and load them up.[/quote] Glad to hear it :-) Let me know how it goes. Cheers Rounik
  • Kimbone
    Hi Rounik Sorry to carry this on...Yes, I'm keeping them separate, yet even my Logic 7 songs don't open up. Tried loading all the back up songs with the same results. Attempted to reinstall L7, but the Logic 7 checkmark is whited out and will not respond...only the content is available to install. Have you come across this before? Thanks Kimbone
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kimbone, Please, don't be sorry! I'm more than happy to try and help in any way we can :-) I haven't come across this before... But then, I've never come across your particular issue before either. I think if I were in your shoes I would begin considering reformatting my mac and re-installing everything from scratch(!) But before doing this, I'd create a complete clone of my mac on to an external HD using an app like Carbon Copy Cloner. I'd also backup any important files etc. However, before you even consider taking such a drastic step, check again that you have all available updates (use software Update from the Apple Menu) install them, repair permissions and restart your mac. Also if you like (before formatting your mac) you can send me one of the songs and I'll try it out here on Logic 8 and see if your logic project might be corrupt. (I suspect it's not, but this will at least inform us of that). Cheers Rounik
  • Kimbone
    That would be great. What email address would be best to send it to?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kimbone, First compress the project folder by ctrl-clicking it and selecting "Compress xxxx" could you upload the zipped project to www.sendspace.com Fill in your email address so you can come back and delete it later. Then make sure you copy the URL (address). Finally come back click on "Message" below my post and you can send a private message to me with the link to your project. Let me know if you need any more help doing this or if you have any questions about the process. Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kimbone, Thank you sending me the logic project file. Good news and bad news... Good news: I got the same error messages as you and have been able to fix it. Bad news: You may lose all your automation :( How to get the Good news: There are two ways to get the project working. One will get it working better than the other, but you'll lose the automation. Try the first way and see if it works ok on your system: 1. Open the project and position the playhead at the beginning of the song. 2. Select all tracks (Cmd-A) and cut them all (Cmd-X) 3. Make sure the playhead is again at the beginning of the song and paste (cmd-V) the tracks. 4. Press play. I had to wait quite a while, but the project did begin playing again without error messages... however there was a serious performance hit!!! If the above doesn't work well enough: 1. Select: Options > Track Automation > Delete all track automation of all tracks 2. Play your Project. It all should work 100% fine after calculating the fade tracks, alas without the automation :( By the way, nice track :) Let me know if the above works ok for you. Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    By the way, the project you sent me won't work in Logic 7 as it is saved as a Logic 8 project. :) Rounik
  • Kimbone
    Hi Rounik I don't know how you ever figured that out! I will try the procedures. Any idea how this ever happened in the first place? As you can see, there is plenty of automation (and sorry about all the dirty laundry, didn't expect to expose the session so soon), so, hopefully, the first will work. Either way, it's better than losing it. My Logic 7 projects that haven't been saved in L8 don't open up as well, but that's another matter. Thanks so much for your efforts, Kimbone
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kimbone, Well, often, when a project is corrupt or not playing ball, it's a good idea to check the fade files and sometimes automation too. I vaguely remembered some people had issues poring over their Logic 7 projects to Logic 8 and I think deleting the automation was key for many of them... ... But hey, I'm a Logic Trainer so I need to keep my ear close to the ground ;-) I have a feeling that you may need to delete the automation to get these projects working properly :( Did you create these projects on a different Mac? using a different OS? There is a way to copy automation between projects, but it is quite a manual process and may in some cases be easier to take a screen shot (shift-Cmd-4) and open the screenshot (which will appear on your desktop) and manually create it... Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Kimbone
    You're right on about the fade files...I forgot to mention that just before this issue I was having difficulty with any regions which had a fade file applied. The audio would go haywire when the playhead would go across the fade, forcing me to delete them and either apply a new one, or automate the sound. And true, as well, these sessions were created on a different OS version. It sounds like the screen shot option would be best. I just hope other songs will not surprise me like this one, for most of my tunes where done in the same manner. Oh well, life in the world of computer music...it may drive you crazy at times, but you can't live without it. Thanks again for the help, Rounik. I'll keep you posted. Kimbone
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: