macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zihymua
    The M mute command
    What this mute purpose it is for and why is it greying a track or region Thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: The M mute command
    Hi Alrobi, There are three main mute/solo modes in Logic that can act independently if you wish. 1. You have note/region mute (which is "M") this allows you to mute regions within a track or notes within a region. The resulting region or note will be a grey colour to signify it has been muted. Note: The Mute tool (from the Tool menu) is the same as pressing "M". 2. Then you can mute the track (in the Track Header of the Arrange using the mute button) which gives a "slow response" mute and doesn't use much in the way of system resources. 3. Finally you have the Channel mute (in the Mixer). Muting a channel strip using the mute button provides a "fast" mute but uses more system resources to do so. You can choose to disable Slow response mute in: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [General] Either way, you'll still be able to use the Mute tool to quickly mute selected regions, notes within an Arrangement. I find it realy useful to quickly audition changes in an Arrangement to see if I like the part or not and also during the mixing stage I'll use the Solo tool ("S") more frequently too. Cheers Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Thank you, i am asking this because by inadvertance i touch the M when i click my space bar and i didnt know, when my piano track come mute with the M it didnt show no where and in the piano roll when i click on a note it still playing that make me go crazy it took me half a day to figure out what happen and i really dont understand the right purpose of this type of mute, at least now when i see a grey region i will know it is this M command
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem :-) By the way, you can change the key command for mute in the Key Commands Window (Option-K) I love having this mute command as it allows me to mute selected regions only and let other parts of the track play... ;-) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: