macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kristoff
    Sample editor view
    Hi guys, how do you assign a key command to make the sample editor open and also how do you make it float when you want to view audio? I have seen some of the pros have it so it floats rather than open at the bottom of the screen. Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sample editor view
    Hi Kristoff, Open your Key Commands Window (Option-K) Logic Pro > Preferences > Key Commands... Type Sample in the search field and you'll see the following options: [img]http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/5240/picture2cf3.png[/img] I've set my "Open Sample Editor" command to Ctrl-Option-Cmd-W. You can set it to whatever Key command is good for you. By the way, "W" opens the sample editor at the bottom of the screen. This command opens the sample editor in it's own standard window, not a floating window or a tab. (It is NOT called a "Floating window". A floating window always stays on top of other window even when it is not selected. In Logic 8 only the Environment can be opened as a floating window...) Hope that helps :-) Rounik
  • Kristoff
    Spot on mate, Thanks a lot,
  • Kristoff
    Next question, How do you set the mixer below the arrange page?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kristoff, the key command "X" opens the Mixer tab at the bottom of the Arrange area. You can look up these key commands in the Key command window (Option-K). Is that what you meant? Cheers Rounik
  • Kristoff
    I think so, I am at work at the moment. Basically what I want is, rather than using a screen set to switch to the mixer view, I want it under the arrange page. Hopefully that will sort me out
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. I use a combination of screensets and the Tabs at the bottom of the Arrange. In my opinion, screensets are the best & most efficient way to set up your working environment... Then saving it as a template makes it really easy to glide into working the way you want. Let me know if this helps, or if you had something else in mind. :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: