macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Copying Plug-Ins
    Hi Rounik/Christian/everyone. How ya doin? My guitar player and I are wondering if it is possible to copy a track/region from one project, with ALL the "plug-ins" for that track/region, and then copy them into another project? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Copying Plug-Ins
    Hi Jodie! Yes, you can... There are a few ways to do this. If you want to copy just one or two tracks, then I think this is the easiest and most fail safe way: 1. Open up the second project, and select "don't close" existing project. 2. In the 1st project, place your playhead at bar 1 and select the regions on the track and copy them (Cmd-C). 3. Goto Window > and select your 2nd project 4. Place the playhead at bar 1 and paste on desired track (Cmd-V) 5. Back to the first project, Hold click on the Channel strip "setting" button (top of the track's channel strip) and select "copy channel strip setting" (Option-Cmd-C) 6. Now to the 2nd project, on the desired track either press Option-Cmd-V or click hold on the setting button and select "Paste channel strip setting". OK. Now, to avoid unnecessary dizziness, you can do steps 2 & 5 and 4 & 6 in one step... Does that make sense? Also, if you want to copy ALL the channel multiple strip settings from one project to another may be easier to open the Mixer window and select Options > Copy Audio Configuration. Then in the new project's Mixer select Options > Paste Audio Configuration. You'll need to create the same number and types of tracks though. Cheers :-) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Oh man you ROCK! It worked:) Thanks a lot:) One more thing though: WHAT IF I wanna copy say 5 different tracks from one project (let's say the kick track, snare track, tom track, hi-hat track, and bass track, for example) and get them into a new project: Do I have to "individually" copy/paste each separate track/region, or is there a way where I can HIGHLIGHT those 5 tracks and copy and paste them into a new project? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, :-) Yup, you can copy and paste multiple regions across tracks into a new project. Be careful to make sure your playhead is in the same location and that the same track header is selected in both projects. Cheers :-) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik. OK cool, but HOW do I copy multiple/different tracks? I tried the SHIFT key but that didn't work. Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, Sorry. I meant you can copy multiple regions across more than one track. You will need to create the tracks in the new project... Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik. OK, so what you're saying is that I have to copy/paste 1 track/entire region at a time? I can't copy multiple tracks and paste them at the same time? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    haha... Hi Jodie... I'm getting all confused now ;-) Just to make sure we're singing frm the same hymn sheet... Region = rectangle in the Arrange that contains audio or midi info. Track = lanes which are vertically staked in the Arrange area where you place regions on. OK. --- scenario: Original project has 3 tracks. 4 regions on track 1, 5 regions on track 2, 17 regions on track 3 etc. --- You can copy all the regions, just rubberband select them or shift-click on the track headers to select all the regions on those tracks (but switch off cycle mode first) However, you cannot copy the tracks themselves. In the new project you need to create 3 tracks to paste the regions onto. You can only copy one channel strip setting by click holding on the channel strip setting button and choosing copy/paste channel strip setting. However, if you want to duplicate your Mixer, with all channel strips loaded then you can use the "Copy audio configuration" I mentioned in a previous post. I think that answers your question... please excuse me if I've missed the obvious :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik:) OK, we're on the same hymn sheet now:) What's a hymn sheet? JOKING! DOH:) OK, I understand the Copy Audio Configuration method, too:) Thanks man. Gotta get back to Logic-fiddling-around-time:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, LOL :-D No problem! Enjoy the Logic fiddling. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: