Yes, you can...
There are a few ways to do this. If you want to copy just one or two tracks, then I think this is the easiest and most fail safe way:
1. Open up the second project, and select "don't close" existing project.
2. In the 1st project, place your playhead at bar 1 and select the regions on the track and copy them (Cmd-C).
3. Goto Window > and select your 2nd project
4. Place the playhead at bar 1 and paste on desired track (Cmd-V)
5. Back to the first project, Hold click on the Channel strip "setting" button (top of the track's channel strip) and select "copy channel strip setting" (Option-Cmd-C)
6. Now to the 2nd project, on the desired track either press Option-Cmd-V or click hold on the setting button and select "Paste channel strip setting".
OK. Now, to avoid unnecessary dizziness, you can do steps 2 & 5 and 4 & 6 in one step... Does that make sense?
Also, if you want to copy ALL the channel multiple strip settings from one project to another may be easier to open the Mixer window and select Options > Copy Audio Configuration.
Then in the new project's Mixer select Options > Paste Audio Configuration.
You'll need to create the same number and types of tracks though.