macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kristoff
    Auto filter help
    Hi guys, I am putting a HP filter over some sounds going in to a break. I am using the auto filter in logic. I have automated the cutoff and have the desired sound. My problem is now all my sounds sound a little muffled even when the filter cutoff is on 0, Is there a way to automate the filter on and off?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Auto filter help
    Hi Kristoff, You could automate the Bypass - to completely bypass the plug-in... or you could place the autofilter on a bus (Aux) and automate the send level from the main track... Actually, another question, is there a particular reason why you're using the Auto Filter? Would using the Channel EQ and automating a HP EQ filter work ok for you? Cheers Rounik
  • Kristoff
    I am going to try the channel EQ today. How do you delete automation if you decide you want to reset it to the default?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kristoff, To delete automation from a track choose: Options > Track Automation then you have four delete options. The relevant ones for your question are either: - Delete ALL automation data of Current track or - Delete currently visible automation data of current track. If you already have Logic 101: Core Logic 8 tutorial then the automation section actually shows you a neat way at setting up a filter pass using the channel EQ. Cheers Rounik
  • Kristoff
    Thanks Rounik, As always your help is priceless. Will fire up the old NED and have a watch. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    :-))) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: