macProVideo.com
Forums
  • KB
    How To Record Vocals?
    Hiya I have a problem on regard, trying to record vocals with my USB Condenser Mic like making it work in Logic Express 8? I can't seem to find anyone who can simplify the instructions on getting it working with my Macbook :( Please help
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How To Record Vocals?
    Hi KB, Welcome to the macProVideo forums! Is it a Samson Condeser Mic? Are you the guy who messaged me on myspace? There are 3 stages to setting this up" 1. Have you created an Aggregate device? An aggregate device combines two "audio interfaces" into one... In this case you need to combine the Samson USB mic with the mac's built in audio (sound card). 2. If you have already done this, then in Logic go to: Logic Express > Preferences > Audio [Devices] and select the Aggregate device under the "devices" drop down menu. 3. To record using the USB mic, create an audio track, select the input of the mic, press the "R" (record enable) button on the track header and press record button in the Transport bar... I haven't got a USB Mic to test here... but the above should work. Bear in mind that once you have set it up, you should only need to do step 3 in the future to record your voice. If you're stuck on any of the above, please let us know with as much detail as possible. Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How To Record Vocals?
    By the way, here's a detailed guide from Apple on how to combine two devices to make an aggregate device: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215[/url] Do let us know how you get on. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: