macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SJKukla
    How to stop regions from overlapping?
    Hi all, Here's what happens: I have a track. I record onto it, but due to my lack of keyboarding expertise, or what have you, I want to go back to the same track and record modulation and some other automation on top of the notes I've just played. What usually happens is that, whenever I record over a track, a new region is created, which means I have to glue the two regions together to get both the pitches and the controller data on the same region. Is there some setting whereby I can have the newly recorded data punch right into the region instead of creating a new one? (I've clicked around in the Recording settings window, but to no avail...) Thanks for reading! Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to stop regions from overlapping?
    Hi Steve, Whether you're recording notes or CC data you can choose to merge wth selected regions in: File > Project settings > Recording [img]http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/9837/picture4th2.png[/img] However, if you are recording automation data, you DON'T need to be in Record mode in Logic. Set the Channels Automation mode to Touch or latch and play. Now when you move your assigned sliders etc the automation data will be written... Cheers Rounik
  • SJKukla
    Aha, thanks Rounik, that was the solution I had found. It helps to know it was right! (I also appreciate the screenshot--super helpful.) You buy that mixer yet? Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    :-) Hi Steve, not really close to buying a mixer / controller right now - I'm just toying with the idea ;-) need more desk space!!
  • dynamicalan
    Steve, I thought you can use the replace to do that. Here's what I found in the Logic help inside Logic 8 Replace Mode Recording It's the one with the x on it. If you control click the transport bar you can see it to add as in the tool bar. In Replace mode, newly recorded data is stored in a new region, as per a standard recording. In addition, any existing region on the destination track is cut at the punch in and out points of the recording, and data between these points is deleted. To activate Replace mode: m Switch on the Replace button on the Transport. Combining Cycle and Replace Recording When cycle recording in Replace mode, existing regions (or portions of them) are only deleted during the first cycle passâfrom the punch-in point to either; a punch-out point or the end of the cycle. When the second cycle pass begins, recording continues, but no further regions (or portions of them) are deleted. If you want to replace the end of an existing region, you donât need to stop recording before the second cycle pass begins: the start of the existing region remains intact.
  • SJKukla
    Thanks dynamic, I'll give that a try! Steve K
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: