macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Plug-In chain ORDER
    Heh Rounik & Everyone, Another plug-in question for you: I'm watching Olav Basoski's 404 tutorial, and I noticed that he uses the Channel EQ "BEFORE" a compressor. Now, I've been under the assumption that compression should come before eq-ing! What is the main noticeable difference between having either compression or eq first in the plug-in chain? Thanks again. Jodie
  • Bj
    Re: Plug-In chain ORDER
    Hi Jodie, Firstly, there are no 'real rules' as to the order of plugins... just load up something from Logics library - guitar. synth, bass... and see how plugins are ordered. There are some interesting patterns discernible... there appears to be some methods and general rules of thumb... My limited understanding is that the EQ is first so the peaks and troughs can be analize/ tweaked/enhanced to how YOU want it to sound, so that the Compressor is only affecting the sound YOU want and then a Limiter to 'Catch' anything that might slip through... But have a look at the order of Logics preset plugins... Hope this sheds a little light... : ) Cheers, Bj
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again BJ, OK, so you're saying that EQing should be the first plug-in (usually) followed by compression then limiting! Your explanation makes sense:) Thanks. I'll check out Logic's preset template plug-ins now. Thanks again. Jodie
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, No Problems... : ) Let us know how you get on and what you discover... Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: