macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    Re: Sonik Synth 2 - Help!
    Gr8 News, u may find it eaiser on ur system to open multiple sonik synths and just load one sound in each,give it a try. i will try this myself and let u know the results. Full credit to Rounik for most of the help. mtec
  • Sipywoy
    Hi mtec, I tried your suggestion of opening multiple Sonik Synths and loading one sound in each...it works well. Since I am more of a songwriter and guitarist than a synth head, this is a quick and easy way to add Sonik Synth textures without going too deep into programming a multi-timbral patch. I think you are probably correct in the assumption that single sounds are easier on cpu load. Plus, I can control each sound's volume easily this way. However, both techniques are great to know and I plan on using them both! Note that in Logic 303 Tips 'n Tricks 2 (September) Steve H. offers a good explanation of mapping CC11 (expression) to give a multitimbral synth separate volume controls - very cool. Many thanks to you and Rounik for expanding my knowledge of Logic and Sonik Synth 2! Cheers, BluesBird
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mtec & Bluesbird, Actually opening say 8 instances of Sonik Synth on 8 individual tracks is harder on the cpu! Using one instance of sonik synth in multi mode is easier on the cpu. You can use the CPU monitor to test it out. Of course, use whichever method speeds up your workflow and lets those creative juices flow :-) Best, Rounik
  • ryder wayland
    Exactly how do you do the steps 4-7? How do you load sounds to SS2 while loading SS2 to the Logic pro? Putting 8 software tracks in Logic, how does it coordinate exactly with SS2? For example, i love that sound in SS2 the 12 string choirstack, now, how would i be able to load or record the 12 string choirstack to the software instrument track in the Logic Pro? Thanks for any help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: