macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SJKukla
    Combining CC values into 1 fader
    Hi all, Wondering if this technique is possible: Many times, if I'm working with an instrument which has velocity crossfading, I'll link my volume and modulation wheel controllers together, (at least on instruments that support it). Is there a way to tell logic to 'listen' for 2 CC values, and then, somehow, to map that combination of values to a single fader on a control surface? Hopefully that makes sense! If it is indeed possible, I might even try to extend the idea by assigning a button on my control surface to toggle between linked and unlinked behavior.... What's the best way to achieve this? Groups, perhaps? Thanks for reading! Steve K
  • dynamicalan
    Re: Combining CC values into 1 fader
    Steve, I want to know the topic for September and October will these techniques work for Logic instruments and if not will the TNT stay with Logic Plugins so the ones that can't use non Logic plugins be able to benefit from the TNT 2. Thanks, AW
  • steveH
    The technique I used for the Stylus RMX October TNT will work with all of Logic's software instruments and plug-ins!
  • dynamicalan
    How about September Do they also work on Logic plugins as Stylus in October does Thanks, AW
  • dynamicalan
    I imagine it would but I wanted to make sure because October is specified.
  • steveH
    Any technique that uses Fader data or transforms Midi data into fader data will work on Logic's external plugs! By the way, please don't hijack threads by inserting a new topic. Start a new thread so everybody can easily participate! :)
  • steveH
    [quote:16336]Hi all, Wondering if this technique is possible: Many times, if I'm working with an instrument which has velocity crossfading, I'll link my volume and modulation wheel controllers together, (at least on instruments that support it). Is there a way to tell logic to 'listen' for 2 CC values, and then, somehow, to map that combination of values to a single fader on a control surface? Hopefully that makes sense! If it is indeed possible, I might even try to extend the idea by assigning a button on my control surface to toggle between linked and unlinked behavior.... What's the best way to achieve this? Groups, perhaps? Thanks for reading! Steve K[/quote] I don't understand... please explain!!!
  • SJKukla
    After having played with Logic and struggled mightily with K3 for a while now, (purely "driver incompetence", it's a great sampler), I've realized that what I'm asking is essentially pointless. However, here's the question, hopefully clearer: Suppose you have two control values, CC7 remapped to 11 for midi volume and CC10 remapped to CC15 for pan. Is there a way to take the actions of both of those logic faders and assign them to a single control surface knob or fader so that when one raises or lowers the knob on the control surface, the sound grows in volume and moves to the right, for example. I'll try to ask my other question in another post! Thanks for reading! Steve K.
  • dynamicalan
    Hello, I am unsure who hijacked the thread. I thought I was talking about the same thread. AW
  • dynamicalan
    Wouldn't that be internal plugins if the plugin is inside Logic, external being a 3ed party plugin.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: