macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Roderick
    Logic automating itself?
    Ok i have a weird problem. I'm working on a song and i'm trying out a few different drum plug ins. I have a loop set up to repeat and everytime it starts the fader levels jump up +4.3 dB on all the drum tracks. I did not draw or record automation and the drums are all on separate channels - they are not grouped! I'm sure there is a simple fix but it's driving me crazy! I can't figure out how to keep the levels where i want them. Can someone please help?
  • Bj
    Re: Logic automating itself?
    Hi Roderick, To delete automation, select a track, click on Options in Logic, then select Track Automation and choose a Delete function. That should fix it up for you... Cheers, Bj
  • Roderick
    Ok i did that but it still does it! Now i don't think this has to do with automation at all. I stop the song and put the fader at 0, when the loop starts it shoots up to +4.3 automatically! What is going on? And to add to this I added another brand new instrument track and it does this as well. This is strange indeed!
  • Rounik Admin
    H Roderick, Can you list what external hardware you are using? e.g. MIDI Controllers etc. There are two types of automation in Logic, track based automation (the channel strip needs to be in write, latch or touch mode to record automation while playing. You can test if it is this by making sure the channel strip does NOT display "READ" above the pan pot, but says OFF. The other type of automation is Region based automation. Select the region, open the Events list tab (right hand side) and check that you don't have any non note event data. This may have been caused by moving a fader on your midi controller while recording? Let us know if that helps Cheers Rounik
  • Roderick
    ok thanks i just clicked on the hyper editor tab and for some reason there was a midi volume event at 127! How do i disengage this? If i set it to zero there is no sound.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roderick, Use the eraser tool to delete it. That should set the volume back to 0. You could also open the Event List tab and you should see a Control on Ch 1 Num 7. Select it and delete it. Let me know if you get it up and running :-) Rounik
  • Roderick
    Thank you for your help Rounik! That was it! I was option dragging the midi loops so every one had the same volume event in it - but all is fine now!
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Roderick! Take care, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: