macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Pro Tools & Logic Pro 8
    Heh everyone (Rounik), How ya doin? I have a question about the compatibility b/w Pro Tools & Logic Pro 8: The studio where I want to record my drum parts uses Pro Tools, whereas I use Logic Pro 8. Is there a way where I can take my drum tracks/files from Pro Tools and import them into Logic Pro 8? Arigato Jodie
  • macnando
    Re: Pro Tools & Logic Pro 8
    hi riftmazefee, As far as I know, Logic 8 reads .sd2 files. So, I think there wouldn't be a problem. Greetings, macnando
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, Yes macnando, you're completely right, Logic can import .sd2 files. I'm sure Pro Tools can output .wav too so you'll be fine there too :-)
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, Pro Tools can definately output .wav files... which, imho, would be the way to go... Cheers, Bj
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Macnando, How ya doin? Nice to meet you:) Thanks for the information:) OK, so you're saying that Pro Tools uses Sound Designer II files! OK great:) Thanks again. Jodie
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Thanks for the information. BJ, a forum user, says that he suggests exporting from Pro Tools using .wav files as opposed to .sd2 files. What's your opinion, and exactly what is the process for exporting from Pro Tools: just normal exporting to my harddrive? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Jehubyi
    Hi BJ, How ya doin? Nice to meet you:) Thanks for the information. Can you tell me, what is the advantage of exporting .wav files vs. .sd2 files from Pro Tools into Logic? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, There's not any difference I'm aware of in terms of quality between wav and sdII. Use wav files as they are more much commonly used and you never know when you might need these files again in years to come... I think wav's also contain time-stamp info, which is useful ;-) Maybe someone can give you are more technical reason... but i tend to stick to aiff and wav when exporting files to increase possibility of compatibility across a wide range of systems. Here's a little wiki on audio formats: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_file_format[/url] As for exporting from Pro Tools... Hope someone can give you a few tips on that one. Cheers Rounik
  • macnando
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for your explanations! Just as a picture, last january I had to send over the net an acoustic guitar track for a singer in Italy, I recorded in Logic and she would sing over in a Protools studio. So I saved my guitar as .sd2 files. For a reason that I don't know, the italian sound engineer couldn't read those files in his system. Obviously that I repeated the process and...nothing happened. So, he asked me to try to send .wav file instead. It worked just fine. BTW, this is Logic to Protools! Greetings, macnando
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for the info macnando! Always useful to know tings like this. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: