macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SJKukla
    Curious Aux Track behavior
    I know this isnt a Kontakt forum, but bear with me... One of the shortcomings (and I use that term loosely) of using the convert-to-cc11 and use multi instrument objects is, you can't have aux sends on multi instrument object tracks. No problem, I say to myself. I'll just create 16 outputs in Kontakt 3, and then route each one to a corresponding Aux track in Logic. That way, I can use aux sends... It works great for channels 1-2 and 3-4. Logic sees the outputs in Inst. 1, and all is groovy. But then, I add 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 and so on. Logic still sees them in the I/O menu. K3 still sends out to the respective outputs. But the signal isn't going to the respective Aux tracks I've assigned. Instead, it sticks to the Inst. track itself. Any ideas as to why that might be? Thanks! Steve K
  • SJKukla
    Re: Curious Aux Track behavior
    Problem solved. If anyone wants to do this, make sure to IGNORE the 'aux' labels when adding new tracks in Kontakt. Pay attention to "Plugin out". Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    :-) Love it when we figure out solutions! Thanks for posting it Steve. Cheers Rounik
  • SJKukla
    Thanks, Rounik. Hope you're well, by the way. :) It still seems like an odd way to do things... Have one midi track to control volume and pan after having transformed them via Steve's method, then have an aux track for the same arrange window track in order to be able to send out different amounts of dry signal to a reverb bus. Is there a cleaner way, does anyone know? Steve K.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, Yes thanks. Hope you're well too :-) I guess you could just use the Aux tracks to control volume, pan and effects etc of each part... Cheers Rounik
  • SJKukla
    That's true... The only thing I can't figure out with that solution is how to automate more than one Aux track at once, since there's no record button on Aux tracks... What do you think? Thanks for reading! Steve K
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, Logic doesn't need to be in Record mode to record automation! Just switch it into Latch or touch mode and you're automating :-) Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    Kontakt is explained in the latest TNT!
  • SJKukla
    Woot! Thanks, Steve!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: