macProVideo.com
Forums
  • earwhacks
    rmx automation tnt question
    steve (or other kind logic fiends), automating pan and volume in 3rd party plugs, like rmx, with the environment when all the audio is returning a single audio fader makes sense. it has the added benefit of getting ones environment chops sharpened up. something i've been avoiding since the early 90's. i tend to route audio back to the mixer from 3rd party plugs, each channel on it's own audio fader. pan and volume automation is pretty much business as usual in this case. this has the added benefit of further independent processing of the VI"S channels in logic's mixer and the continued bliss of environmental ignorance. (we kid because we love as rickles would say. in spite of my best efforts to ignore them your environment tips have creeped (long E) )into my consciousness. dare i say it? they've actually got me curious. a very very dangerous state of mind.) so, the point is (i think) aside from the independent audio processing are there upsides and downsides to either way of automating that i'm missing? thanks, earwhacks
  • steveH
    Re: rmx automation tnt question
    Are you refering to multi output VI's outputs on aux channels? That's cool for audio routing. However I'm focussing on addressing the multi-timbral abilities of VIs and getting midi to all those independent midi channels that most VIs can address. Of course you can have both at the same time allowing tons of control from the input and output sides! Try it!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: