macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Udaye
    Logic 8 to iTunes Volume Levels
    Hi all, I wonder if somebody could advise me please. I have finished my track in Logic, added compression and mastering and tested against the sound level of a 'commercial' CD. It sounded there or there abouts. I then bounced it etc and open in iTunes. When it is opened and played in iTunes it has lost some volume therefore sounding quieter than it did in Logic itself. Does anybody have any ideas and where I may be going wrong? Many thanks Udaye
  • Christian L
    Re: Logic 8 to iTunes Volume Levels
    Hu Udaye, Are you using the Normalize option when bouncing the track ? It doesn't always work as expected; sometimes your track will end up with a lower volume. It's best to make sure that the output fader doesn't clip and that it is near 0.0dB. Let me know if it helps! Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Udaye, To add to what Christian has said, check in iTunes whether you have "Sound check" and/or Sound enhancer" checked in iTunes > Preferences [playback] Cheers Rounik
  • Udaye
    thanks guys, the normalize cheque box was causing the drop in volume. Thanks again for the quick response, much appreciated. Udaye
  • Christian L
    Great! Hopefully, Apple will fix this in a future update. Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: