macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SJKukla
    Freezing regions?
    Hi all, So, wow, the concept of frozen tracks is pretty rad! I do have a slight issue however, in that I'm scoring to picture and instead of breaking up cues as they normally do, the folks I'm working with have given me the stuff in one big file, with my cues interspersed throughout. So, having scored my first cue out of this monstrosity, I was surprised to find that, even though I had a cycle region set up, when I froze the tracks I wanted, the freezing began at the beginning of the file. I assume this is because freezing is a track action rather than a region one? Is there a way to set some kind of 'freeze area' or 'freeze by region'? Thanks for reading! Steve K.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Freezing regions?
    Hi Steve! Yes, freezing is good.. keeps the music fresher for longer ;-) You can't freeze only certain regions on a track - only the whole track. Freezing essentially bounces the audio/midi track, and bypasses the effects plug-ins and instrument plug-ins too. Thus, it frees up system resources. But, if you freeze, it does take a little time to creates these "freeze files" (which are saved in your project folder). It's a good idea to set as many tracks as needed to freeze mode before playing to save time (rather than freezing one at a time). I personally, prefer bouncing the regions I need... Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    Hey Rounik, Why do you prefer bouncing?
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:4039]Hey Rounik, Why do you prefer bouncing?[/quote] It's fun :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, I think I just got used to bouncing back in 5.5... and I as never patient when freezing and unfreezing... preferred to unbypass the original channel strip, solo it and then makes tweaks there... But, having said all that, I very rarely find myself in a position whereby I need to freeze tracks. Lucky I guess (or very minimal in my compositions :-) Rounik
  • SJKukla
    Thanks Rounik. I'd thought about bouncing down to audio, but then I always get paranoid. What if I wanna change something... The only way to free up resources when converting from audio instruments to audio is the unload the plugins and instruments, right? SK
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve, If you need to do this often, then disregard my opinion on this, and go with freezing. If you choose the bouncing option, then to free up system resources, simply option-click on the inserts and instrument plug-in on the channel strip to bypass them. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: