macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bj
    Re: hard drive ??
    Hi Rounik, Haven't used the 'lego style' drives but I hear they are quite rugged and suited to those working 'in the field'... As for smoking... all my laCie porche does is light up when turned on... and runs quietly and efficiently... : )) Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:26194] As for smoking... all my laCie porche does is light up when turned on... and runs quietly and efficiently... : )) Cheers, Bj[/quote] :-DD
  • kayleclements
    Well, all I can tell you is this; Once we came back and saw the drive smoking, we immediately unplugged it from the computer and determined that the old PC in the corner had been a bad influence. Although, you really can't blame the PC, he had a rough life running Quickbooks and Windows 95. [i]I dare ask, who among us would fair better under such conditions?[/i] We at once threw away all the old cables and bought new ones, and affixed a Nicoderm CQ patch around the heat sink and hoped for the best. Over time, however, it became clear that the habit had scripted itself deep within the root directory, and alas, the drive couldn't break the habit. It smoked right up to the moment it finally succumbed with a faint wheeze and one final grind. Such a waste of young life and brilliant good looks. Rest in peace dear friend, rest in peace.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:1122]and determined that the old PC in the corner had been a bad influence. Although, you really can't blame the PC, he had a rough life running Quickbooks and Windows 95. [i]I dare ask, who among us would fair better under such conditions?[/i] ...It smoked right up to the moment it finally succumbed with a faint wheeze and one final grind. Such a waste of young life and brilliant good looks. Rest in peace dear friend, rest in peace. [/quote] Indeed rest in peace... away from the severity of Quickbooks and Windows.... Chances are it's gone to a better place, and when it's ready, perhaps, will find segments of itself re purposed as part of a new incarnation bringing joy and creativity on the move to many (even with a glossy screen).... [img]http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4622/mactabletbr0.jpg[/img]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: