macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Automation confusion
    Alright I'm totally lost, when I hope the command L window in Logic 7.2 how can I keep track of what is automated to what? Is there a way to un-assign automation and if so how do you know which track it's affecting.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automation confusion
    Hi K1, I'm not sure I understand you... Are you talking about Controller assignments or Automation? Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    Controller assignments window, there is a ton of assignments and I'm not sure what is assigned to what, is there a way to figure it out?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, I'm not near Logic at the moment, but I believe in Logic 7 you can see the zone and mode columns? The assigned commands should be listed there. You can select an assignment and pressing the delete key, deletes it. Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    yeah there's also a control and parameter column to the right of that, and all of the fields that are associated with each control is to the right of that, so how can you explain how it works?
  • Rounik Admin
    Turn a knob or slider in Logic, and open the Controller Assignments window, Make sure "Learn mode" is turned on and (gray) and move a knob or slider on your controller. You should then see the parameter of Logic mapped on to the hardware controller - andall the details will be displayed in the window. I've copied the following text from the Logic Pro 8 Control surfaces support.pdf which should still be relevant to Logic 7 I think: - Zone list: Displays the available zones for the device. The first entry â(No Zone)â is for zoneless assignmentsâassignments that are always active, regardless of the active zone. Click a zone in the list to see its modes (in the Mode list), and its current assignments (in the Control/Parameter list). You can also double-click a zone to rename it. - Mode list: Displays the modes for the currently selected zone. The first entry â(No Mode)â is for modeless assignments. Click a mode in the list to see its assignments in the Control/Parameter list, and make it the selected zoneâs active mode. You can also double-click a mode to rename it. - Control/Parameter list: Select the assignment you want to edit. The left column displays the name of the control, and the right column displays the name of the parameter being controlled (in an abbreviated form). The parameters of the selected assignment appear in the fields to the right of the list. See âController Assignment Parametersâ on page 40. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • BlueFielder
    Using an Edirol PCR-300. I get how to apply commands to sliders and knobs.... but where I get stuck is trying to apply commands to the Transport BUTTON items (STOP, PLAY REWIND...) Can't figure it out... ANy help? Thx
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: