macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SJKukla
    Control note-length in piano editor?
    Hi all! I really love how I can easily nudge notes right and left inside the piano roll editor! Is there a way to easily shorten or lengthen notes this way as well? Thanks for reading! Steve K.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Control note-length in piano editor?
    Hi Steve, You can do this a number of ways depending on what you want to achieve. Select all the Note Events in the piano roll. Position the cursor at the end of one of the events until it turns into the resize tool. Resize the events accordingly. If you want all Note events to be the same length, select the note events. Choose Functions > Transform > Fixed Note length There are other interesting options that can really help too. Check out the overlap correction and force legato: Functions > Note Events > Hope that helps, Rounik
  • SJKukla
    Hi, Thanks for the reply! I was/am familiar with the drag-to-resize method, (thank you, though!). What I was hoping for was a key command to effect the length. I think I found one... Nudge events by ... (insert length here) Now the question is, how the heck do I come up with intelligent key commands that Logic doesn't already use for other things. ;) (That one's pretty rhetorical, though...)
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:16336] Nudge events by ... (insert length here) Now the question is, how the heck do I come up with intelligent key commands that Logic doesn't already use for other things. ;) (That one's pretty rhetorical, though...)[/quote] :-D it might have to be holding down multiple modifiers and a key by the sounds of it... of course you can always delete existing key commands ;-)
  • steveH
    Igor uses paw commands... :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: