macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Danny
    can anyone help me
    hello i would like to know how to take a sample from a film which is on a dvd and then put the sample over my track please can you help. thanks Danny
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: can anyone help me
    Hi Danny, I'm guessing you mean an audio sample? First check the copyright laws ;-) You can use an application like wiretap studio [url]http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/[/url] or Audio Hijack Pro [url]http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/[/url] Both are good and allow you to record sound from certain applications or sources/inputs on your mac or the system sound (what's playing through your speakers). I believe Audio Hijack Pro has a downloadable demo that allows upto 10 minute recordings before adding white noise. Let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Danny
    hello mate good to speak to you again you have help me out of a few holes, i chnaged my screen name to Danny it used to be logic express,so Rounik if i use one of these applications how can i cut my samples from a film and then put them into my logic pro track.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Danny, Nice to know your name :-) Both applications are quite intuitive... after you get used to them ;-) It's often easy to start the application, set the source (in Audio Hijack Pro) you need to set the source as an application I think. Set the type of audio recording (aiff, wav etc) Set the destination of the recording. Open DVD player, find the place where you want to record from. Pause the DVD. Go to audio hijack pro and start recording. Play the DVD. Stop recording in Audio Hijack pro and there you go. A file of the recording is created! You can now drag that in to Logic. But, do remember to check the copyright law! It's ok to do this from commercial films etc if you have permission or are using it for home use i think. Cheers Rounik
  • Danny
    thanks mate.
  • Cajypiu
    Kia Ora guys, another application that is really handy for all kinds of things like this is one called Soundflower. Cycling 74 make it from the MAX/ DSP stable and it's free too :) Similar deal, it hijacks any audio coming from an application, so Apple DVD player/ VLS... whatever you're using. You can point Soundflower to Logic and you can record straight in that way. Another option would be to rip the DVD full stop. Handbrake is a good app for this. That way you have the movie in a quicktime format and you can open the movie in Logic/ extract audio from the film (in Logic as well). As always... lots of options but as Rounik says... copyright copyright copyright.
  • Danny
    thanks mate,i have already benn and down loaded audio hijack and it works fine,The only problem i am having now is my samples that i am taking from the dvd are quite bad sound is there a plugin in lohic 8 that can help me silence the unwanted noise.
  • Danny
    sorry about spelling mistakes,
  • Danny
    hello rounik,i have already benn and down loaded audio hijack and it works fine,The only problem i am having now is my samples that i am taking from the dvd are quite bad sound,is there a plugin in logic 8 that can help me silence the unwanted noise. thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Danny, It's difficult to suggest a plug-in without knowing what is "unwanted noise"... When you recorded the samples did you record to aiff or wav 24 bit? or to mp3? there are plug-ins like Denoiser... you can use a channel eq to remove unwanted frequencies too. Sound Track Pro 2 has some good noise reduction functions. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: