macProVideo.com
Forums
  • pyanista18
    shortcut for ascending aux tracks?
    Hey guys, I'm using BFD with Logic Pro 8 (used to be ProTools). It's all set up perfectly and I'm not having troubles running it. Here is my problem, though: I've always liked recording each individual component of BFD into separate audio files... it's just my background of recording real drums, looking at waveforms and what not. Now, I've set BFD up as a multi-output instrument. With how Logic works, I can open up as many Aux tracks that the instrument will allow me. NOW... I need to have each of those Aux track OUTPUTS go to a different bus, let's say bus 1-13, and open audio tracks with ascending inputs (bus 1-13) to record the individual tracks (hope it's easy to follow what I'm trying to say here). I'm not at my studio right now so I can't create a screen image to show y'all. What I want is very doable... just tedious of going to each aux track and changing the output. In ProTools, you can highlight x number of tracks, shift-ctrl-command-click a track output, choose a starting output, then all the following tracks will have a different output in an ascending manner. Please tell me there's a shortcut for this. My wrist is already hurting going through each aux track and changing outputs.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: shortcut for ascending aux tracks?
    Hi pyanista18, One question... why do you need the first set of Aux tracks to be sent via a Bus to another set of Aux tracks? If you want to record the Outputs of BFD, then solo an Aux and chose File > Bounce... Choose Offline to speed up the process ;-) Then repeat that process for each Aux fed from BFD. Cheers Rounik
  • pyanista18
    Oh, I must have said it wrong. I want the 1st set of aux tracks sent via the buses to a set of Audio tracks so I can record them. The suggestion was great. I'll try that this Monday. So, no shortcut for having ascending outputs / inputs for tracks?
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:72783] So, no shortcut for having ascending outputs / inputs for tracks?[/quote] You can try selecting Track > New... Here when you create new audio tracks, set the input to Bus 1, for example, and tick the box "ascending" next to Input. You can also do the same for Outputs too, but as far as I'm aware this option is only available when creating new tracks. Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Just to make sure one part of the orig question is covered too.... you do know you can multiple select tracks in the mixer? Shift click on the tracks or rubber band drag around as many as you like. You can then change parameters one for all... if you dig my meaning.
  • pyanista18
    yeah, I already know that. It's just rubber-banding allows me to change all tracks one parameter (such as a particular output) but not in ascending order.. Thanks to all the replies. I'm gonna try Rounik's first suggestion (soloing the aux tracks and bouncing) so I have audio files for each BFD track. I just have to live with the fact that different DAWs do certain functions differently. Peace!
  • Cajypiu
    Ah right! Got it. See what you mean now. Yeah as far as I know the only way is what Rounik mentioned. Deleting your tracks and clicking the ascending thingyme.
  • Xixejei
    this might be ancient history at this point cause its so old but.... in logic, select multiple tracks in the mix. hold down option shift, click on the input of the first track and set to whatever input, bus, or source you want. the remainder of the tracks should go up from there. if you then add those Aux tracks to the arrange page (if you don't already have them) and add a region to each track using the pencil tool, you can select export tracks to audio. If you have hidden the rest of the tracks of the session, the only ones that will bounce will be the aux tracks that have the regions drawn on them. this is a pain to setup, but I have it in my template. this negates the need to have a second set of audio tracks to bounce into for BFD, which I also use. I might have missed a step cause this is all from memory, but hope it helps.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: