macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Udaye
    Audio to Midi conversion
    Hi all, I have had a look in the forum and could not find the answer so was wondering if someone can help please. How do you convert audio to midi files in Logic 8, I am sure I have seen it in one of the tutorials at home that shows how to do it but can't find it now in any of the tutorials. If anyone knows the answer that would be great as I have heard a bassline that I would like to re-create once I have the midi notes/file. Thanks for your help. Udaye
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio to Midi conversion
    Hi Udaye, It's not possible to convert an audio region into a MIDI region. Are you thinking of Audio to Score feature? (Logic 201: Steve H.'s Logic Masterclass) This create s a MIDI region that will have notes in sync to the audio region. This is in the Sample Editor window's menu: Factory > Audio to Score... ------ Alternatively, (and even additionally) if the audio region only contains the bassline, you could cut it into sections (notes played) and convert these regions into new audio files and import it into a new EXS24 instrument. The part will dictate how easy this will be and it might be worth using a fully mutisampled bass instrument already in the EXS24 instead. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: