macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tieri
    Pan in Multitimbral Ewqlso Play instrument
    Hello Steve First of all, " Bravo " for your Logic TnT. There are very useful, and even Logic's environment becomes clear with your videos. I was wondering if there was any way to control " Pan" independantly in multitimbral Ewqlso Play instrument, as you explained it for controlling " Volume " thanks Tieri ( french parisian composer )
  • SJKukla
    Re: Pan in Multitimbral Ewqlso Play instrument
    Hi Tieri, I'm not Steve H, but I think this month's tutorial (October), explains how to do that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Steve K
  • steveH
    Yes! Check out October's TNT!
  • Tieri
    Hi Steve K, Hi Steve H, I did watch october's TNT, and everything is fine with stylus RMX . But when I plug Ewqlso Play into a monitor and I twist the " pan " ( or volume ) knob, nothing is happening in the monitor, it remains empty. So to control " Play " multitimbral volume , I transform CC # 7 into CC #11 but what do I have to do to control multitimbral " pan " ? Did I miss something ? thanx
  • kayleclements
    Are you using the pan knob within EWQLSO or on the mixer channel? You have to adjust the pan knob within the plugin itself, not the channel strip in Logic. So you should set it up so you can see the environment channel strip with the monitor attached to the strip where the EWQLSO is loaded, and the EWQLSO plugin. Then, adjust the pan control within the EWQLSO plug-in GUI and watch the monitor. That should tell you the CC# you need to transform to. The CC# for Midi Pan is CC# 10. I don't have EWQLSO so I cant check it myself. Maybe someone else here can tell you which CC# EW uses. Hope this helps. KC
  • Tieri
    Hi KC I' m using the pan ( volume or any parameter ) knob within Ewqlso play , and the monitor does not react. If If replace " Ewqlso Play " by " Stylus RMX " in the same channel strip plugged into the same monitor, it does react. Maybe Ewqlso Play is just not able to send any data Thanx anyway.
  • Tieri
    ok, that 's what I thought.... " Play " does NOT send any midi data . Worse... Only the first instrument of a " play " instance seems to be automatable. So.. let' s wait for upgrades to come
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tieri, I don't have EWQLSO, but it sounds like routing the instruments from the plug-in to Aux channels might be your best option for automating the volume and pan... may be not ideal, but a good workaround. Cheers Rounik
  • Tieri
    Hello Rounik, Yes, that's exactly what I did. But, I have to say that I am disappointed. I know " Play " just came out, so.... As I already said, let's wait for updates. thanx
  • steveH
    [quote:3447]Hi Steve K, Hi Steve H, I did watch october's TNT, and everything is fine with stylus RMX . But when I plug Ewqlso Play into a monitor and I twist the " pan " ( or volume ) knob, nothing is happening in the monitor, it remains empty. So to control " Play " multitimbral volume , I transform CC # 7 into CC #11 but what do I have to do to control multitimbral " pan " ? Did I miss something ? thanx[/quote] I'll look into this!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: