macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tinoxou
    rewire-problem between max/msp & logic
    Hello, I want to make a connection between MaxMSP 5 and Logic 8 via rewire. Everytime I trie this the max window prints this text: "ad_rewire: error starting audio. Is ReWire mixer running?" Also in Logic there is no max-channel to choose, neither in an audio-channel nor in an aux-channel. I tried it with ad_rewire driver in Max and with Soundflower 2, but no solution. I found a hint on the Cycling '74-Forum, where it's said that I have to reinstall the propellerhead rewire-driver from my application Support, what I did, but even no solution. I can do a connection between Max and Ableton Live, even between Live and Logic, but I want it between Max and Logic. Does somebody has an idea what to do? Thank you and best wishes from rainy Berlin
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: rewire-problem between max/msp & logic
    Hi glassissimo, I found these two links on the Cycling 74 website about rewiring Max MSP and Logic: [url]http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?rid=0&S=205471ec703d0391bb390e1f09aaba17&t=msg&th=32626[/url] [url]http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&rid=2723&S=98e215bca4895c32d2f85558e10d665d&th=28755&goto=117878#msg_117878[/url] Hope these help. Let us know how you get on & any tips you can share :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Tinoxou
    thaank you Rounik!
  • Tinoxou
    Thank you Rounik, it works! I deleted the Propellerheadfolder with the rewire application in it, which is at library, Application Suppor, Propellerhead Software. Then reinstall the newest Rewire-Program from the Propellerhead-Homepage. After that I copied the MSPReWireDevice.bundle and msprewire.config from Program, Max5, Cycling '74, ad in the ReWire-folder at the Propellerhead-Folder. Then I restarted the computer, opend Logic as Host first and in the Aux-Channel I found MaxMSP as an input-option. Then Max on, Testtone, works, whew, thank you!
  • Rounik Admin
    Great! Glad it's working. No problem :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: